1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jason5877, Mar 23, 2010.

1. AetherShadow

AetherShadow Member

Dang, for the life of me, I can't find a DSTT 1.17a07 with YsMenu anywhere. Can anybody link me to some site I could download it? Would deeply appreciate it. Unless, of course, you can't do that in the forums.

EDIT: Actually, forget it, found it. Can confirm the save/load function works. Haven't been able to check if random encounter works.

2. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

tested it on the N5, wont save, i replaced the files.

3. gamespy198

gamespy198 New Member

can someone give me the link to ao7 with ysmenu please?!

4. AetherShadow

AetherShadow Member

@gamespy: I have one with a07 found here: http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/DSTT_v1.17a07unofficial_English.rar

Though you have to do some modifications, like putting some files in the root menu of your sd card, like the TTMENU file and the actual folder... I think.

If I recall correctly, just open the first folder, then open the second folder called English (I think, again), THEN copy the ttmenu file and third folder, go back, delete the old, first folder (In other words, delete what you just downloaded), and then paste the files into the root menu. If it doesn't work like that, then I don't remember what I did.

The other issue is that it doesn't have YSmenu, though you don't need YSmenu to make the game work.

On that note, random encounters work, yay! Sweet stuff right there.

5. partyguerrilla

partyguerrilla New Member

Uh, hi everyone. Just tested this on an original R4 with the updated files and it is not saving, no random encounters either.

6. Beef 2.0

Beef 2.0 Member

Confirming what partyguerrilla said

7. Ferenn

Ferenn New Member

Most odd, it works like a charm on my DSTTi with 1.17a12 for me. I've clocked about 4½ hours with lots of saving and lots of random encounters in between (a bit too many if you ask me).

8. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

Can we get the first post updated? There's like 22 pages of people telling you what doesn't work, people need to be able to see that on the first page and not repeat it again and again.

We know it doesn't work, people are trying to fix that.

And totally being a hypocrite: it fails to save on my R4i using ver 1.19b firmware. (Add it to the first page so others don't repeat it)

9. frostydrag0n

frostydrag0n Well-Known Member

Oh and pardon the noobish question but...is the TTmenu able to be added to the r4 or something like that? (considering how the YSmenu is a 'new' firmware to the r4) I'm really not good when it comes to the DS flashcart scene :x

10. lexsama

lexsama Member

YsMenu is built using the TTmenu firmwareso in a way yes

11. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Is the game worth patching?

12. Duncan Idaho

play the first SMT of the DS,and you will see YES its worth doing it

13. django623

django623 Member

The other cards will die in the future. It is un-avoidable. Might as well stick with the r4 and enjoy what you can with it instead of buying a new card and getting boned when it dies as well.

14. Duero

Duero Member

man im wating for a patch for my DS one supercard and I so wanna play it >< But some times u need to wait for something good right ??
    but I wish they would realse it in sweden but it looks not like it will ever happen.

15. tekken999

tekken999 Member

how to do you make strange journey SAVE work using ys menu?
    I ran ysmenu then strange journey but the save didnt work (Btw im using a07 if that matters)?
    its on my dstt
    i got ysmenu from here http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/
    i keep getting corrupted save message

ty for the help

1 Edit
    you know what, i figure this is just a prank,none of this ysmenu crap makes any sense and why you would need a07 which is outdated..

16. Duncan Idaho

you need to wait for the patch

17. pitman

pitman New Member

Patch is out !!!
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218024
    It saves, you get random encounters everything !!!

18. sandman-858

sandman-858 Guest

where is the patch, i can't find it

19. Arcana109

Arcana109 Member

First post, mate.

20. sandman-858

sandman-858 Guest

okay so i dl'd it now what, i = n00b