1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jason5877, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Dragoonzero

Dragoonzero Well-Known Member

And now to make it even more miserable,aparently the group who was looking into the game for a patch gave up D:

2. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

They didn't really start properly in the first place, plenty of willing just no experience. Anyways try that link I just posted.

3. ZoMgWhOaMi

ZoMgWhOaMi Member

are you using an R4 or and R4i? theres a difference

4. KevInChester

I'm using an Acekard 2i personally ;) and yes I know about all of the different variations of R4, and R4i.

5. satchliny

satchliny Member

anyone try the "the_three_dats" link yet? im too tired of skipping the entire intro/texts to get to the save again for testing, lol. I think this time, I'll have to officially give up on the R4 and get the acekard when I get paid next week.

6. WraithL0rd

WraithL0rd Member

just tested it.
    doesnt save either, and i think it wont give encounters too.

7. KevInChester

Ah well, this game is worth:

a) buying (or importing as I did)
    b) buying an Acekard 2

8. GrayFox2510

GrayFox2510 Member

The three .dats you are replacing aren't fixed for SMT yet.
    It's mostly for WarioWare DIY, Pokemon HG/SS and one or another I can't remember.
    Neither the save info or the anti-piracy is entered into the files there, so SMT should work exactly the same as it did before.

[EDIT] Oh, my bad. It seems there's been another update to the files. Time to give it another whirl.
    [EDIT2] Nope, not yet. Still not working.

9. lexsama

lexsama Member

i tested both of these on a clean SD card with a fresh rom they both dont work with the r4 running ysmenu
    the first one seems to be a april fools joke as its file from the 1.8 firmware of the R4

10. Dragoonzero

Hmmm,what about rudolph's patch any chance there will be one for SMT?

11. asianpride528

asianpride528 Member

It doesn't work I ask that in the thread

12. RAWRZORZZZ

RAWRZORZZZ Active Member

R4 may or may not get a patch for this eventually. However, as our firmwares for cyclo and acekard get better, the anti-piracies will be tougher to crack as well. The R4 wouldn't live through all that anyways. The fact that the guys tried without experience makes it really hard for them to patch it. In the end, the R4 would die anyways, and no amount of optimism or denial can prevent that. It's time the get and Acekard, or if you're rich, a CycloDS which is slightly better for like 30-40 dollars more.

But don't get me wrong, thank you all for trying to fix the game.

13. YuL

YuL Active Member

I owe a R4, I do appreciate the hard work of people trying to decode the AP and make a patch. I've enjoyed their work in the past with pokemon, mario, zelda, and other big NDS titles before, so for that, a big Thank you :D

I was shopping today and impusilvely bought the damn game hehe :D
    It comes with a cool orchestral sound track of the game as well, I had it for 39,99$ canadian, check it out ;o)

14. GrayFox2510

GrayFox2510 Member

The only thing that kind of puts me off for buying the game now is that I've been playing far too long in an emulator that starting all over...
    And if I were to buy that thing to transfer save-files between retail games, well... I might as well just use all that money for a CycloDS... or less for an Acekard.

15. RAWRZORZZZ

RAWRZORZZZ Active Member

You can copy paste the save files to the other emulators. Nothing will ever be lost but the R4 itself.

16. Dragoonzero

I was talking about updating Rudolph's patch to patch the rom

17. asianpride528

asianpride528 Member

that up to Rudolph's to do that

18. I know the r4 seems to be dying out so this begs the question is the m3 simply gonna do the same cause personally i reall wanna play this game and i need to know wether it is easier to buy the game or hope for a patch that will allow m3 simply to play not just r4. (Sorry if this sounds rude or impatient bdw).

19. Spontaneous

Spontaneous New Member

works perfectly (saves and theres random encounters) on my dstt firmware 1.17a07 using ttmenu

20. probely

probely New Member

Awesome, it wouldn't work with DSTT 1.17a12 for me, but it worked with a07, thanks! Haven't tried on the R4 with a07 yet though.