1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jason5877, Mar 23, 2010.

1. shomosan84

shomosan84 New Member

For those with AceKard 2 and 2i download the loader here (http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/?stats&sortby=filename) for the AKAIO version 1.6 RC 2. It runs perfectly on my DS now for those interested the save problem is corrected as well. ;D

2. NeoHack

NeoHack Well-Known Member

Right now we really need people who knows or can send a message to the guys that made the Japanese patch,and ask then how did they find it because the US AP seems similar but it is in other adress,also we are almost sure that the AP is coming from Overlay0000.bin
    If you can help us with that your effort will be extremely apreciated! That will reduce the time we would be spending on this patch immensely!

3. Trevlac

Trevlac New Member

Thanks to everyone working on this patch. I'm experienced with hex editors, data forensics, and various data mining. If you guys need me to help shoot me a PM with what you need done.

4. megakid4

megakid4 New Member

Hey guys i got the game to not freeze and save/Load on my M3i Zero after I used the Firmware v4.8 from this Topic

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=37534.0

Now i've had no issues with the game and works great. :) :) :)

5. Trevlac

Trevlac New Member

Badass. Trying this now. I just upgraded to 4.7 so didn't expect a 4.8 to be out.

6. Arcana109

Arcana109 Member

There might be some people at gbatemp who know.

7. Trevlac

Trevlac New Member

Save and load confirmed successful on M3DS Real with 4.8 (M66) firmware!

8. RAWRZORZZZ

RAWRZORZZZ Active Member

Is it M3 exclusive or does it work for r4?
    As in is it an upgrade for M3 for compatibility or is it a patch?

9. lexsama

lexsama Member

thats firmware not a patch

10. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

For the attention of those working on a fix. I am not sure if this info will be of any help.

There seem to be 4 files dealing with the saving and loading of games there are a few others as well but they seem to be graphics and text whereas these are handling data at some level.

CDS_StrData.mbb @ 02737200
    ConfigMess.mbb @ 0272B600
    Logo.mbb @ 0272B800
    SaveLoadMess.mbb @ 0272BA00

As I say I have no idea if this info will be of any use but it may be worthwhile keeping an eye on each of these files, they are all quite small the largest being the last file which is 1616 bytes. I have not given the offset for the end of the files but if you look at the hex each file is ended with the letters MTBL. Good luck.

11. asc3ndant

asc3ndant New Member

Just tried out r4i-sdhc 1.19b still has "save failed" issue.

Keep up the good work on breaking that AP guys!

12. FuryFlame

FuryFlame Member

You guys with the red text and stuff don't really seem to know what you're doing. At all. '

Instead of attempting something you can't do, why not try a workaround? Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver had a workaround with the transfer of the english text to the japanese version. If Strange Journey has any voice, people are going to download an undub anyway.

It just seems to me that nothing is happening. It just looks like a bunch of noobs who have never tried rom hacking have decided to tell the whole world they're going to do it, but have no idea how. I understand you're excited, but this just feels silly. You can't even get in contact with the JP patch people.

Has anyone tried to see if SMTSJ works with the new YSMenu firmware? Warioware had problems saving, and now that's fixed. It doesn't explain the random encounter problem, but still.

13. borgmanjayce

borgmanjayce Member

Instead of insulting these people who are at least willing to try their best to come up with a patch, why don't YOU do something to help them!

People like you make me sick!

14. GrayFox2510

GrayFox2510 Member

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone knows English. So even if they could get in contact with the creators of the Japanese fix, well... And no, Google translate or some crap like that doesn't really cut it.
    2nd, no, the new YSMenu doesn't work. Or rather, it works just as well as it did before-- the same.

Last, if you seem so knowledgeable, why don't you do something better?

15. eatmorehippo

eatmorehippo New Member

Just dropped in to say good luck to those working on the patch for the R4, your efforts are greatly appreciated.

16. SkimGuy

SkimGuy Active Member

To all those who are working on patches/have worked on patches, Thank you and just ignore the haters. For every whiny kid that is complaining about the patch not being released 0.4 seconds after the game has been downloaded, there are probably about 10 people like me who are grateful for what you guys are doing. It doesn't matter how long it takes for a patch, just take your time. Don't get stressed out at these whiny kids xd

17. ashley_surferboi

ashley_surferboi Well-Known Member

yay linfoxdomain.com
    lol i've been using that site it's amazing
    the only downside is that updates for kernels do take a while longer than others but with so many on one site, if you do not know what flash cart you have ( like i did, thought i had r4, turns out to be a r4 sdhc, yay!)
    been waiting for this game a while now.
    would try patching myself but i fail at applying them! so gd luck to all that try.

18. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

Can we please keep the first post updated with what works and what doesn't?
    Is it working on R4i SDHC ver 1.19b?

19. Agerion

Agerion Member

My words exactly. I have a few games I haven't beaten yet, so I'm not being impatient. It doesn't matter how long it takes so long as the job is completed. =)

20. akiraunreal

akiraunreal Member

Rudolph post this but i don't know japanese http://kotei.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2010-02-28 you can read download some files, i hope they can help somehow for those who are working in the patch