1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jason5877, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Fall_Of_Serephs

Fall_Of_Serephs New Member

To the guys working on the fix, my eternal love goes out to you guys, it's good to see the R4 isn't being given up on, as long as there's guys like you it's gonna be fine. The wait doesn't matter, it could take a week or a month but you get what you pay for :p

Keep up the good work guys, I can't help with anything because I've never done any sort of computer classes (My area is in translation) but I just thought I'd let you guys know that hundreds of R4 users including myself appreciate everything you're doing and that there is gratitude for what you're putting together here.

I say perma-ban anyone who asks these guys how their progress is going :p Apparently they're giving us updates as they go along anyway.

2. NeoHack

NeoHack Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the support people!

3. joshstyle

joshstyle Member

neohack do u know who is making the pokemon hg/ss patch for the r4?

4. NeoHack

Sorry cant say that I know but theres an English to Japanese tranlation that has 100% dialogue and pokedex made!Just look at the forums and u will find it evetually.

5. lexsama

lexsama Member

its not 100% more about 90% but its still very well done

6. Beef 2.0

Beef 2.0 Member

just giving my support to the guys working on the patch, I can't help at all besides just giving a big thank you. hope it goes well

7. Dart3055

Dart3055 Active Member

We're making some progress going on our current theory that the save AP happens when you TRY to save. The value changes and then stays the same. If this is the case and it doesn't shift around constantly then we may soon have a fix on our hands. (For Saving, Not Random encounters)

We've also confirmed there is a RE issue for sure, A friend using Acekard got plenty during the starting area that were unscripted non story events and had plenty of battles and time to raise before the first boss. There's a good chance the AP for this is somewhere near the beginning as well which would be ideal.

The Japanese rom fix had two changed values. So Assuming Atlus did the same thing to the US version but changed their locations we'll likely only have to alter 2 values for the US version to be playable as well. We've got some awesome people working away and anyone working on their own should really connect with us and share information.

8. s2d4theworld

s2d4theworld New Member

Nice to know that people are working on this. As for the jap AP patch below,

000C6310 F0 30
    000C6311 7B 77

That code changing happens exactly in overlay_0000.bin (in the japanese version). Just search it, you'll find it there. It looks like the AP in the US version is completely different as both version's overlay files is completely different too.

The next thing I know I'm sure of is that the AP start to work exactly at the beginning of the game when it check if there's already a save. I've tried to copy a working save from desmume to supercard, but the game detected it and destroy it just before entering the main menu.

That's all I know, hope it helps.

9. sheeps

sheeps Member

seriously... you people working on a possible patch on your own.... you are..... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

10. jeneziz71

jeneziz71 New Member

Yes!!, Im really agree with Fall_Of_Serephs Man, Thanks for all your hard work and very sorry for my useless,

11. rokenjima

rokenjima Member

Thank you guys for working on a patch. I have no clue about hex editing and patching but I've downloaded the files have mentioned and hope to vicariously follow along and see how this works. In the meantime I'll be watching from the sidelines and cheering you on. You guys rock!!!

12. donofmy16

donofmy16 New Member

does anybdy have the AP code yet or a patch? i keep dyin n have to start all over again =:.[

13. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to have a look at this later, done a couple of patches before so I've got a bit of knowledge.

14. donofmy16

donofmy16 New Member

all you guys workin on a code/patch u guys are awesome... wish i could help but i lack talents in hex coding etc.... maybe i should start learning =]... but yea thanks you guys...

15. RAWRZORZZZ

RAWRZORZZZ Active Member

I'm just going to clarify. I know that people will ask for fixes for other cards but if this is patched the way it is now. It should be compatible with all cards. (R4, M3, DSTT, etc...) It will alos probably fix the problem of other minor glitches that still exist in the already compatible cards. I don't know if this has already popped up but I'm going to answer it for the sake of convenience.
    Post Merge: [time]1269800514[/time]
    Just wondering. Does language create a different hex code for a game? I know that jap and usa AP is different, but does the actual language of the game change the hex code?

16. blakfayt

blakfayt Active Member

It might, I know very little about coding and such, but seeing as all information at the base level are 1s and 0s chances are making the letters go from the japanese squiggles to the american straight lines would probably change the values, also let's not forget that japanese symbols usually stand for more than one letter where as english doesn't.

17. NeoHack

Thank you for the useful info! This surely will help a lot to reduce the amount of time we would waste testing this. We apreciate it!
    Post Merge: [time]1269807091[/time]
    If you want to help you would be very welcome! If you want you can join us at http://xat.com/The_Soul_Hackers

At this time Im the only one online, the other members are busy with other things now.

18. mizukihikari

mizukihikari New Member

this game is working for me on R4i Gold, sigh! but I still have problems with other games. ><

19. do1

do1 Member

Yes, thank you very much for all your efforts on making this game playable for the rest of us :)

Though..maybe we should all start to learn about coding/hacking, even if it's just cheat codes. What would happen if the coders/hackers stopped for some reason, there would be no one left. Imagine that...a whole army of coders/hackers. Seriously though, I think even small time cheat-code making would be great. I'll probably start after i've got some free time to learn it from scratch, in a few months time maybe.

20. ZoMgWhOaMi

ZoMgWhOaMi Member

you are pretty much right on there lol. The main reason all of us are trying to solve the issue/learn to code is because the coders/hackers stopped for the R4 since it is practically a "dead card". I too am trying to learn it from scratch so it would be a great idea for you too!