1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jason5877, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Anacone

Anacone Member

000C6310 F0 30
    000C6311 7B 77

This is it what was used with easy patch tool らくらくパッチ Ver.0.1b from http://nagaokastation.com/?p=4634.
    Taken from http://www.ds-scene.net/?s=viewtopic&nid=8488

2. NeoHack

NeoHack Well-Known Member

I thank you Django for your support! But really and sadly I couldn't find much besides comparing some hexadecimal values and discovering that some lines are the same with the U and J version, and I read a little the PDF document about hacking that was posted in the forum some time ago.
    But its good to see that you're interested in it too thanks man!

Post Merge: [time]1269733225[/time]
    Thanks Anacone for the info! I aprecciate it.

3. RAWRZORZZZ

RAWRZORZZZ Active Member

Just wondering would the hex thing in both the Jap and USA version of the game be the same outside of the anti-piracy things? If so, then the variations would be fairly easy to locate, and could be patched to look similarly to the patched Jap version.

4. NeoHack

The problem is that the Us version has a different AP than the Jp one. The AP that erases and incapacitate you from saving seems at least the same to me,now if we could at least remove that AP then that woulb a big step forward...

5. Ok really thick question, but does anyone know how to make it save on m3 simply?

6. SenorGrudge

SenorGrudge New Member

Mind if I get in on this project?
    I'm just a lurker but I have been hex editing for past systems and some pc games

7. NeoHack

Of course,by all means! The more firepower we get, the better it will be!

8. SenorGrudge

SenorGrudge New Member

Alright I'm going over that 101 pdf file right now. You should get a place for everyone to work together by the way I'm Oly nice to meet ya

9. NeoHack

Currently Im using this hex editor:

http://www.hhdsoftware.com/Products/home/hex-editor-free.html
    Post Merge: [time]1269737294[/time]
    Nice to meet ya too Oly! You can call me NeoHack or whatever you want! Hehe!
    By the way, that PDF file has some useful informations but you need patience to read because it is looong.
    Post Merge: [time]1269737460[/time]
    Oly would you know a good place to all interested working together?

10. SenorGrudge

SenorGrudge New Member

Maybe a chatango or a proboard?
    Trust me bro I've got lots of patience and I love hacking this pdf file is like a harry potter book to me I'm dying to know more

11. NeoHack

Great! Its good to know that you're interested 'cause I am too!
    Sorry man im such a noob when it comes to chat rooms and the like that I dont even know how to create onee...im lame I know.

12. lexsama

lexsama Member

an easy way would be to make a sub forum in something else like a guild in Gaiaonline set it to members only and its done

13. NeoHack

Hey Oly I think im being able to create a work space right now!

14. SenorGrudge

SenorGrudge New Member

That's great let me know when it's open I'll join in right away

15. Dart3055

Dart3055 Active Member

It's great to see people eager to work together on this. I've been studying up as well, I work at a slower pace but it'd be great to share information and kind of progress together as a group. I'm glad there are people here who want to join the cause and be able to help themselves and others. Should we decide on a forum to post on? I don't think Romulation has user subforums. Just to keep track of all the vital project issues in one place with no fear of it getting erased.

16. NeoHack

Guys what would be a good URL?
    Post Merge: [time]1269739691[/time]
    I need to put an URL please any ideas?
    Post Merge: [time]1269739854[/time]
    Great! I created! Just a sec to activate it by my e-mail and I will send the URL
    Post Merge: [time]1269740154[/time]
    Okay here it his:

http://xat.com/The_Soul_Hackers

Please anyone interested in helping go there. I apreciate it!

17. dukemagus

dukemagus Member

i would say that google wave could be useful to work togheter but... well... nevermind

anyway, copying the jp apcrack code = fail?

18. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Hey guys it's really great that your working on a patch.

19. Erm does anyone know how to make it worl for m3 simply cause to be quite frank i haven't got a clue about the whole patch hex value progress jargon

20. mk2007

mk2007 Member

Good luck guys .
    I encourage you to continue .