1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jason5877, Mar 23, 2010.

1. ZoMgWhOaMi

ZoMgWhOaMi Member

I am getting absolutely nowhere -______-
    I thought hex coding would be complicated but not as complicated as it is. That tutorial isn't really working for me :( I'm just gonna grab my brother's college book and look at that instead lol
    Essentially, don't expect too much from me. I'm practically trying to re-figure it out from scratch. Sorry Django but it looks like its gonna be all u for a while XD

2. lexsama

lexsama Member

what are you having trouble with? i might be able to give ya some old tips/ tricks to help out

3. ZoMgWhOaMi

ZoMgWhOaMi Member

Unfortunately, everything -__- maybe i was just trying to read through that tutorial too fast but i have no idea what any of the hex code is supposed to mean/ represent. Of course it could always just be me being an idiot

4. lexsama

lexsama Member

ok first of all when reading any tutorial on coding its bet to take it slow and in stages, and to do/make test files to better understand what it is saying. normaly it takes at least a week to get a basic understanding of a fresh coding system.

5. Beef 2.0

Beef 2.0 Member

This might be a stupid question but oh well. Has anyone tried the rom with Rudolph's universal patch?

6. rokenjima

rokenjima Member

Yup, that was the first thing I tried when I found that the game wouldn't save.

7. I dont have internet. The only time I get on is at my public lib and there is a time limit. So yea I was just seeing if I can get a easy link.

8. sandman-858

sandman-858 Guest

Maybe a stupid Question: Can you put Acekard software on R4 Micro SD card?

9. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

No, you can't.

thank god.

10. NeoHack

NeoHack Well-Known Member

Hey people! I see you found yourselves an PDF document with some info! Im going to help too by reading it!
    I hope I can get something out!
    Post Merge: [time]1269719921[/time]
    Yeah you cant! I tried! But hey! Its not ''thank God''! More like "Oh my God..."

11. ZoMgWhOaMi

ZoMgWhOaMi Member

I'm no pro but in my opinion, the best thing you can do is look up a variety of separate hex editors and check em out yourself. This might not be the best source but this should give you some ideas.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_hex_editors
    Just check a couple out and see what you like. You could probably do this like like 15-20 minutes if you really look. Just remember that the best person to know what software you like is yourself, others might give you simple links, but the software may not be to your liking. its up to you to figure out what you like

12. NeoHack

Here's a link to an Hex editor:

http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm#download

Hope it helps! Im messing with it right now.

13. Dprucha

Dprucha Member

Anyone got the AR cheats on this?
    This game is really hard >_<

14. RAWRZORZZZ

RAWRZORZZZ Active Member

I'm going to be unable to edit the hex thingy as I don't have the time, but i do have to time to check a few times a day for progress. Please tell us if there are any more anti-piracy things inside the game besides the rig on the save and random encounter systems. Like whoever almost a page above me said, you should post your progress so we don't all go insane.

15. UnlimitedHail

UnlimitedHail Member

- Type of flashcart =/= how a micro sd card performs
    - If we could, we'd be playing game by now

16. NeoHack

I was just comparing the Hex values of a J clean rom and the U rom and the first line seems identical on hex values.

17. RAWRZORZZZ

RAWRZORZZZ Active Member

However, the japanese patch won't work for the english game, meaning there's a variation of the anti-piracy thing that will likely be present somewhere within the data.

18. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Might be an idea to compare the known hex locations for the AP in the Japanese version, with the US one.

19. NeoHack

Yes im trying to make something out of but I dont know if I can do this alone...
    Post Merge: [time]1269731141[/time]
    If someone has the patch that erases the AP on the J version would you be so kind to share it with me?

20. django623

django623 Member

Neohack thank you for working on this today i didn't know i would be so busy today but i will begin working progressively on monday.