1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jason5877, Mar 23, 2010.

1. lexsama

lexsama Member

i dont think i'll be able to do this it was just a thought since i used to but many things have changed since then and i am running into problems i have not ever seen before.

2. muratakei04

muratakei04 Active Member

idk if this is posted here yet

but.... on my edge 1.9, when you play too long, you'll get a screen freeze and sometimes sound freeze

3. NeoHack

NeoHack Well-Known Member

You can do it man!
    Damn I feel useless for not being able to help more...I mean it!

4. blakfayt

blakfayt Active Member

Am I the only one wondering why we don't just do a text swap with EVERY GAME that has difficult AP?

5. NeoHack

Well I think its not that simple to just do a text swap...

6. django623

django623 Member

If someone wants to get a team together to work on a (r4) patch im in.

7. NeoHack

I would love to but,the fact is I know little next to nothing about hex editing....

8. sandman-858

sandman-858 Guest

lol, misleading name.

9. django623

django623 Member

I can do other kind of encoding and programming as it used to be a hobby of mine but have never worked with ds software hacking.

Even if you aren't experienced extra hands would help as long as we have a few people who know what they are doing. Everyone on the forums has just been whining for a patch and that is it. If we organize and tackle the problem together we can revive the "dead" card.

10. ZoMgWhOaMi

ZoMgWhOaMi Member

im a complete newb when it comes to hacking but i am alright at programming and fairly good at bull sh*ting my way through things. if i want to try to figure out how to hack the rom exactly what do i need?

11. NeoHack

You're right man! Time to put some attitude!

12. BitingJackal

BitingJackal New Member

I'm using No$GBA and Zoomer, having the save issue. Haven't even talked to Gore yet. Patches and "fixes" have NEVER worked for me, EVER (mostly rom file issues of sorts), and while I'm loathe to use quick saves... looks like people are too busy complaining to actually work for an easy fix. lol

13. NeoHack

Anyone knows even if a liitle about replacing the Japanese texts with the english one?
    I mean do u have to use hex edit for it?

14. django623

django623 Member

A total troll who doesn't want to help at all? I'm sorry wanting to get people together to work on this upsets you and makes your little panties get in a bunch.

I'm guessing that replacing the two texts would bring up more issues with the game than the initial AP. Just think of the spacing,scenes that could play out a tiny bit differently and so on that could make the game crash. I'm working with the hex editor and going to see what i can do with the rudolph patch and such.
    I guess it's just you and me bro.

EDIT: I have a little idea anyway if someone can dump both the jap and eng scripts alone.

15. ZoMgWhOaMi

ZoMgWhOaMi Member

sorry for trying to help find a solution. ive never tried this sort of thing before and i was wondering what i needed to try to get rid of the AP. how does this make me a forum troll???

16. lexsama

lexsama Member

no changing the text wont work in this case the game has checks for that (been trying it all day) it will be faster to find the AP and just remove the check or change the bad out come to minic the good one

17. django623

django623 Member

The attitude of most people on this board + your name + your post seeming to mock mine = trolldar going crazy.

I apologize if you aren't/weren't trolling you will need;
    dslazy or something similar (Unpacks and repacks Rom files, lets you patch them and what not)
    NDS editor
    A hex editor of your choice

Ah ok thanks for trying that and saving the time for others ;D
    You wanna help Neo and I out with spearheading this AP?

18. lexsama

lexsama Member

i wont be of any help as i have not done any coding like that in a good 9 years

19. ZoMgWhOaMi

ZoMgWhOaMi Member

Ah, I see where you are coming from with the troll idea now. I guess its partially my fault too for not explaining myself completely.
    But thanks, I don't think I will get a lot of progress but i'll give it a shot.

20. Gryphon00

Gryphon00 Member

Nintendo really needs to get with the program that it's impossible trying to stop us...just give it up and stop with this useless AP poop...

Suppose I'll play through Demon Survivor until a No$ fix comes out.