1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jason5877, Mar 23, 2010.

1. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

oh god you're a PARENT?? Let's hope you don't homeschool.

2. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

who is being immature? cmon now

3. beaudon73

beaudon73 Active Member

y do ur mummy and daddykins is this seriously all u do allday long get a life get a girlfreind on second thoughts get a dog but please just find something else to do coz ur boring :-*

4. Aztreal

Aztreal Member

come on guys, settle this outside this thread. We don't need people arguing here, it's a technical thread, not a spam thread. *sigh*

5. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

seriously, you are both acting like 2 year olds, not posting about the subject? don't post

back on topic plx ->

6. beaudon73

beaudon73 Active Member

thats exadtly what i thought when i asked for help finding out if the rom would work for me and instead i got english lessons

7. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

because you two are adding a lot to the thread, right? off the high horse please, all I ask is that children AND ADULTS please communicate in an appropriate manner.

8. beaudon73

beaudon73 Active Member

and as my original question was does it work on r4i v 1.14 i still have no answer i have read the threads and 2 people had it working but not sure on wot firmware which is all i want to no thanks :-X

9. Nitronoddy

Nitronoddy New Member

Hi All, first off thanks for the information about the RTS feature and just a shame it doesnt work on my M3 Simply DS....unfortunately due to life's constraints i cant get either an Acekard 2i or SMT Strange Journey imported from Japan till next week :( but my Pokemon Soulsilver and preorder free Soulsilver bag arrived this morning :) so that will keep me ticking over for now..

I have personally tried a few things to get SMT working on my cart but had no joy. (I tried the 2ch Jap fix and a few arm7 patch fixes plus a few other ideas i had) so was wondering if anyone knew who exactly (or roughly) will be working on a M3/R4 fix so i can go follow their progress rather than scan about 6 different websites every few hours for news of a rom fix / patch.

All help is very much appreciataed

10. blakfayt

blakfayt Active Member

Ok, sad that my first post here is this, but, has anyone thought to call a moderator on the chat speaker? If they aren't contributing to the solution they are part of the problem, yeah? Honestly anyone who read the first page knows what works and doesn't work, so there should be no need for further questions about "does this work on (insert name here)" cause they are all posted on the first page. Wait silently for a patch unless you have discovered another problem.

11. Golden890

Golden890 Member

Oh well, seems like there's not going to be a fix for the DSTT anytime soon. Just means I have to go back to COD: MW2 and get raped by Juggernauts.

12. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

That sounds like a good chunk of my life after MW2 got released. xD

On subject: I've been running through Romulation discovering old roms that I either never played, or never even knew existed and am giving them a go. Definitely a great way to pass the time until a patch that may or may not ever happen comes to my R4. Though, with the last few games released, I don't see a patch ever making it to R4 to be honest. The card appears to be dead among those who have the ability to create patches.

13. Dart3055

Dart3055 Active Member

Has anyone managed to pass the first boss or grind on the early demons while rescuing the crew members, Maybe the battles were random up until that point and it's possible to fight it.

In terms of the save issue, Do we have any idea how this is handled in the rom data. Is saving in a specific section or part of the code, or is it a reoccurring value like having an event associated with every save point, special saves like at the beginning of chapters. And the usual save spot like on the Red Sprite?

In other news, despite the manly character art and hilarious looking helmets. This might actually be pretty good. The frame rate for moving around is way faster compared to Etrian Odyssey.

14. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

I can confirm that many cycloDS users are having problems with this game crashing. The problem has been reported on the Team Cyclops forum. http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13192

15. WraithL0rd

WraithL0rd Member

i was playing the game on my r4 with ysmenu today and i dont get any random events/battle's at all, but did beat the boss. after that i still didnt get battles, is this also part of the anti-piracy or something???

16. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Yep. Saving is broken, and battles outside the story are shut off. They pretty much rendered the game unplayable.

17. iy4su

iy4su New Member

Easiest solution: Buy an AceCard. I know I will very soon after SoulSilver and this game came out while giving me so much trouble... $16 is my solution that can solve future problems. =]

18. NeoHack

NeoHack Well-Known Member

the problem is that not everyone have the money to buy a new card you knoww...let alone a oficial game...

19. satchliny

satchliny Member

is acecard the best way to go right now? like neohack said, affording things is a problem for a lot people like myself, so I'd like to get something very reliable if I do spend the money. Its bad enough that I basically wasted the $10 or so I spent last week, knowing that the R4 would be just something temporary.

where's the best site to buy them? i got my r4 from someplace that ships out of NYC, but I didn't see some of the brands people are talking about now, such as acekard.

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

cyclods evolution is currently the best card, but the acekard2 is very good and quite a bit cheaper than the cyclods. Be aware that the cyclods is not DSi compatible, and only the acecard2i variant of the acekard is DSi compatible.