1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jason5877, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Reme

Reme Well-Known Member

Friarmole i hate ppl like u really...

anyway so far 3 boss's down and no crash or freeze on No$zoomer

btw second boss is -.- well more like the dungeon b4 the second boss is -.- actually the entire 2nd area is pretty much -.-

2. asopieln

asopieln New Member

Works 100% perfect with the new 2.7 on my R4i SDHC. Save work and runs like butter lol
    Cheers

3. nation

nation Active Member

It froze on me a couple minutes into the prologue & I'm using AK2i with AKAIO 1.6RC2....Honestly, the prologue felt like 20 minutes to get by and I didn't even make it to gameplay

I'll give it another go today to see if it freezes again

Edit: I forgot to download loaders from http://akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders/. I'll see if I can get past the part it froze at yesterday

Edit: Still froze around the same spot as yesterday. what.

Edit: Working good so far. No freezes

4. beaudon73

beaudon73 Active Member

could anyone please tell me if it works on r4i v 1.4 ive read it works on some r4 cards if not could someone tell me wot to update to its a r4igold revolution

5. Nitronoddy

Nitronoddy New Member

Could you explain what the M3 RTS function is and how to use it? alos does my M3 Simply DS have this RTS feature?

Many thanks

6. tamorak

tamorak Member

I'll go ahead and throw a /confirm for this.

Works fine on No$GBA V2.6a without any form of modification. Although, I do use a different firmwire than what was offered in the initial download.

7. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

now this is a game tht i wont be able to play thanks to the N5 guys being lazy and not updating in a ton of time the firmware, i guess its time to buy me an Acekard2i

8. NeoHack

NeoHack Well-Known Member

I have the stupid R4 v1,18 and Ive ordered a Supercard Dsone i,will problably trow away my R4 in the river!
    For all the peolple out there I dont recommend buying R4 nor R4i and not anything thats clone of it or similar!
    R4 is dead a long ago since its a first generation card.

9. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I can't just run off and drop around $25 on a new flash cart, so I'm one of many who will just have to patiently wait for a patch that could possibly never arrive. Just remember, the more of you who completely abandon the R4, the more you'll be screwing over those who still actively use them. Why bother working on a patch for a cart that everybody is abandoning?

I went ahead and downloaded Devil Survivor to get me more prepped for this game. Now I know for sure I'm going to enjoy it though once I get the chance to play it.

10. adeboss

adeboss New Member

just one question ( i'm non whining like some people said -_- ) how are we gonna knows when the fix will be done ? except waiting for a post here ?

11. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

That is pretty much the only way to find out. There is a chance gbatemp might get a patch first, but even if that happens, it would be here with in an hour of the posting. Just keep checking back here and if a patch shows up, it will be on the first post.

12. Dess

Dess Member

For all the complaints R4 isn't really that bad, I mean it's cheap as dirt and it can play the majority of games released fine. So what if you have to wait a few days or even a week. What right does a pirate have to complain about something he steals? Rather sad to see all these people getting their panties in a bunch because they can't play with their ill gotten goods immediately.

13. FinPro

FinPro New Member

I'll be extremely happy if the R4 patch is ready before my trip on next weekend. If not...then I'll just be...very happy.
    BTW, does anyone know what patching is? Is it programming?
    I know some C++ myself but I have no idea what the patchers actually do.

14. dukemagus

dukemagus Member

patches change some hex values that triggers the antypiracy system...

no idea if it is still like that, but used to be

15. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

As stated before, it's different AP than the J version. So, that's the reason it'll be a while before the AP is cracked. Just be patient.

16. SkimGuy

SkimGuy Active Member

RTS = Real time Save. Press x when you're choosing the game from the game list, enable RTS (Either L+R+Select or L+R+X or something), and when you're in game, press the corresponding button and it'll bring you to the RTS menu. It doesn't work on M3 Simply, only M3DS Real and M3iZero (M3 Simply is an r4 clone, no extra features)

17. Rod182

Rod182 Well-Known Member

"People overreact about something on the internet! News at 11."

This sums up my thoughts pretty well. Even though we have to wait MUCH more, so far there hasn't been a single game I wanted to play but couldn't. It certainly isn't the wisest choice for someone who's about to get a new flashcart, but for someone like me who isn't too eager about it, 'tis fine enough. It still works, therefore I see no reason to buy a new one.

Let's see if they will be able crack the protection on those more recent games. If after all they really can't, then it's a different story.

18. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

seems you completely disregarded my info man haha, im not gonna judge you but from what I have heard that kart has more problems than the r4.. shoulda gone with the acekard.. dunno what you were tinkin :U

ps: by far one of the most sophisticated , intricate, entertaining first person rpgs I have ever played

I like how they set the tone for a very serious endevour at the beginning of the game but then it quickly turns into a quirky ( still with a hint of severity) save the world adventure thanks to the demon conversation system.. (probably my favorite part of the game ) anywho I havn't gotten too far into the game yet but i can say its awesome :) and everyone and anyone with a taste for sci-fi or rpgs should try it

19. beaudon73

beaudon73 Active Member

sorry to ask again but does anyone no if it works on r4igold v1.14 i read it works on some r4i but ive got a download limit and would like 2 no whether 2 wait or download this thanks in advance

20. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

you need to read the thread rather than contributing to the clutter by asking the same questions. Also, it's spelled "know" not "no" and "to" whereas "2" is actually a number, not a word.