1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jason5877, Mar 23, 2010.

1. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Never ever defragment an SD card, it's not needed at all, and will slightly shorten the life.

//
    The memory card could be why it is having troubles, but that shouldn't really be the case. Try loading in another DMA mode (try holding X as you are loading, text should go red). That may fix it for you.

2. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

How do I load it in another DMA Mode and I already tried that hold X while loading(Text Turned red) but it still froze for me.

3. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=AKAIO#DMA_Mode

In short try it with holding A instead, shouldn't be needed though. Also go to AKAIO properties, help and post what HW ID you have.

4. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

Held A and the game won't even start.But funny thing is I switched to my old memory stick and guess what the game stopped freezing XD!

5. asianpride528

asianpride528 Member

so when is someone going to patch it for the R4?

6. elbandorito

elbandorito New Member

Really, just wait. Asking definitely won't make it go any faster. If you're that impatient go buy the game.

7. Class93rd

Class93rd New Member

Can save/load about 4 hours into game using latest no$gba with NGzoom

8. c0071000

c0071000 Member

Can someone send me a message if dstt sav fail fix releases? Thanks~ Appreciate whoever made that awesomeness.

9. sheeps

sheeps Member

Seriously to all those people complaining all the time... just relax. Be happy that you will be able to play it at all.
    It's not your right to be given a patch and being childish about it will only anger the people trying to help you.

This save problem is exactly the same as it was for the Japanese version of the game and there was a patch for that game almost immediately (yes, even the r4... i know... i have one).

So let's just calm down and be thankful that someone out there is trying to help us at all.

10. Arcana109

Arcana109 Member

If there are people working on it, then it'll come sooner or later.

11. adeboss

adeboss New Member

but how do we know if there's someone working on it ? just knowing for sure some people are on it would make people a lot more patient i think .

12. FinPro

FinPro New Member

Just trust them. I'm 99% sure that there is someone working on it. I'm waiting for it too, I even check this topic every now and then just to check if there's any update on the situation.

13. borgmanjayce

borgmanjayce Member

To all the R4/R4i owners who are pitifully whining at the fact that there's no patch available yet for the game: Please stop bloody whining at the lack of a patch!

I downloaded the game when it was available from here and I'm not upset that there's no AP patch available [even though I'm a R4 user myself] because I'm a patient person and there's other games that I'm playing in the meantime including Pokemon Diamond and Infinite Space.

If you keep on whining, you'll probably end up making sure that there won't be a patch available and you'll only have yourselves to blame at the end of the day!

You should be grateful that there are people out there who are willing to create AP patches in the first place. If you're that desperate to play the game, you should either buy a legit copy or buy a flashcart in which the game is already proven to work with a already-available patch or without one.

14. Dream_CC

Dream_CC Well-Known Member

lol yea, patch will come out sooner or later

15. Nitronoddy

Nitronoddy New Member

Why oh why did i opt to buy Pokemon SoulSilver instead of Strange Journey !!! time to go back to playing Infinite Space...

Also time to throw out my old M3 Simply Ds (runing R4 + YSmenu) and buy a Cyclo DS or AceKard 2i me thinks

16. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

That's quite an effective AP, since recruiting demons are vital in the game. Facing the first boss with just Fairy Pixie by your side made me go 'oh crap!'.

17. lcsheng87

lcsheng87 New Member

itouchds latest firmware just came out, testing now.
    Post Merge: [time]1269514307[/time]
    Yeah!! itouchds with latest firmware works!!!! although you have to skip the intro. it still get stucked on the cry scene

18. Aztreal

Aztreal Member

To All The People Who Are Working On The Patch:

Thanks for the hard work guys, i truly believe in your ability to create a patch sooner or later, I had the problem but I'm currently happy playing Devil Survivor and Digimon DS, I repeat, thank you so much guys.

19. duqwhdwjd

duqwhdwjd New Member

Waiting for the works to be done, Infinite Space can be a good strategy sci-fi rpg to be played [but a little bit hard...but it's still good!], and for those who hadn't have played Devil Survivor, it's really awsome and great DS game to play~!

And for the guys, working hard for everyone around the earth, we'll be waiting for you~!
    Thank you very much~

20. friarmole

friarmole New Member

i, like most of you, have been waiting for what felt like endless months for this game. seriously guys you, like i, can wait another few days for this. i have an R4, and i've yet to have a game come out that i wanted to play that i couldn't after a week or so. thanks for all the great work to all of you who put the time and effort into ripping and cracking these games, and to those who won't stop complaining, grow up.