1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jason5877, Mar 23, 2010.

1. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

M3ds real with the most recent firmware ^^^ and I can't save. Freezes the game.

2. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

Damn this game keeps freezing on me now o_O

What's up with that?

Maybe it's because I'm using a DSlite instead of DSi not sure.I replaced the Akaio Firmware twice already.Hmmm.....

3. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Did you do scandisk like I said? Put the card in your adaptor, right click on the drive letter, properties > tools > scandisk > tick top box and then start, should take a few seconds.

Oh and it's nothing to do with DS vs DSi, using a DSlite myself.

4. AetherShadow

AetherShadow Member

Haha, that's exactly what happened to me. Was hoping there would be more fixed encounters, wasn't expecting the first boss to appear so quickly.

5. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

I feel for R4 users, since yeah, the cards are pretty much dead. The reason behind this is that there were endless ripoffs of the R4, most clones of other cards, so firmware was sketchy at best when the DS R4 cards came out. The R4's prime was w/ the GBA - now it's just an ocean of junk clones. D; The DSTT was an upstart underdog that was eventually cloned as well, tarnishing the cheap but viable reputation the team made for the card.

6. Dragoonzero

Dragoonzero Well-Known Member

And with that even the R4i(shady as it is) suffer,

7. RAWRZORZZZ

RAWRZORZZZ Active Member

I have a normal r4 with ysmenu and i cant get a diff card. Im just a teenager that doesnt recieve an allowance :( I just have to sit still and wait for a patch or explode, since i used to play devil survivor 24/7 for 2 months straight =/

8. KevInChester

Get a paper round, or do some errands.

9. AnimeboyX3

Unfortunetly It's impossible for me to do this due to the fact I use a USB Memory Stick Reader instead of Memory Stick Adaptor since my laptop nor desktop has nothing for you to insert the Adaptor.

Sux for me though I guess some sort of patch will still be needed for me then.

10. RAWRZORZZZ

RAWRZORZZZ Active Member

for a week or two, order it and wait another week. Then have the acekard when i realize that patch came out a week before

11. KevInChester

You can still do it Animeboy, Windows treats them the same - I use the same thing.

Anyways, if you can't do that (and believe me, you can) then go redownload the loaders, Normatt uploaded the wrong ones last time (the debug ones).

http://akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders/

12. RAWRZORZZZ

RAWRZORZZZ Active Member

Hey can anyone if anyone is even working on a patch for this game on R4? IF so, how far has it went? I know answers may vary as all the people trying to crack it aren't all working together, but if someone could give me a general idea on how long to wait that would be awesome.

13. Reme

Reme Well-Known Member

can u update the first post with others that work? some ppl seem to think u need a fix for no$zoomer to work when mine worked perfectly fine without one >_>

btw now 9 hours into the game still no crashs / save problems / freezing at all :D

14. Rod182

Rod182 Well-Known Member

Dude, just... go do something else with your spare time. Take a walk, read a book, watch a movie, call some friends, go learn Na'Vi, whatever. While I'm also a R4 owner and I'm also anxious to play the game (heck, this is the first 2010 DS game I've actually anticipated), there's no reason to be so obsessive about it.

It will be done when it's done, and then you'll hear a bunch of people screaming "ITS WOKRING ON THE R4 OMAGAD!!!111", and then they'll play it for 20 minutes and then forget it forever afterwards and go back to the internet and then you'll know it's out.

15. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

You can still reformat your micro SD card! I use a USB dongle thingy too. Just open the program, then select the drive where the USB dongle is - mine is usually F or G. Viola!

16. AnimeboyX3

Already downloaded them and the game still keeps crashing when I'm speaking to the pixie.

I thought you meant Sandisk earlier I need to put on my glasses since I keep misreading stuff.Also if you meant Error Checking I already did that and still got the same problems unless your talking about Disk Defragementing then I'll do that.But if Disk Defragement is what you meant need I move all of my files before attempting to do it?

My Memory Stick is a 4 GB Sandisk do I use Fat 16 or Fat 32?

17. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

Before doing this, copy everything from your card you want to keep to somewhere else, as yes, reformating will delete it all. Use FAT32 format. Hope this helps you out!

18. Starmongoose

Starmongoose Member

Ah, it's nice to see people helping each other out.
    I would not even know where to begin coding, hacking - whatever. So it's nice to see people willing to help me out.
    If a fix is not up by the end of the week i'm just going to dig deep and import it off of ebay, which is a shame because no one wins then, I pay more for a game and Atlus get none of the profits.

It's not that I'm angry that a fix isn't up after a WHOLE DAY (OMG), just more my own excitement over this game overriding my tightness of fist.

19. Naked Snake

Naked Snake New Member

The new Akaio 1.6RC2 firmware works with this game ive played for a while and it never freezes when saving or loading

20. AnimeboyX3

Still Froze for me What's up with that? XD!

Well thanks for helping me though.

Funny I'm using the same as you and it keeps freezing on me but it saves/loads though.

Say would the Memory Stick be the deal with my game Freezing?I'm using a Sandisk 4gb micro sd hc