1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sexual Orientation and Gay Marriage - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by 9NineBreaker9, Nov 28, 2008.

1. 9NineBreaker9

9NineBreaker9 Well-Known Member

What people don't know can't hurt them - the easiest policy to hold is to just not really say anything about your sexuality. You can always argue in favor of gay issues, but people (as far as I know) usually won't push the matter. I've 'come out' to all of my friends because I trust them and I know they wouldn't exactly mind or care, but I wouldn't tell any of the random people at school or teachers that I'm gay because I don't want to deal with the reactions, even if it's for the better.

California would be, generally (and as far as I know), a fairly accepting place, but there are, of course, segments of the population that would frown upon you, as well. It's just a matter of finding an accepting group.

A lot of the time, it really is just culture, and how people are raised within that culture. During the original outbreak of AIDS in the United States, a negative perspective of the gay culture was formed as it was, for quite some time, a "gay disease" that seemingly only spread within the gay community. Homosexuality was also considered a mental disorder, as well, before it was finally removed from that list. Many families, the exact density depending on where you live, belong to a faith that preaches negatively on homosexuality, so living and growing up in that environment helps create a homophobic foundation that many people keep.

This is the last thing - the topic isn't understood by most of the population. Every element of the culture of humanity is, for the simple sake of survival, built on the idea that a man must form a relationship with a woman, so to do something opposite of this is just confusing. I'm not an authority on the subject, but homosexuality isn't fully understood even with the realm of science (I think, but, then again, there's a lot of stuff I've only been discovering recently in regards to this, so tell me otherwise if I'm wrong xD), so there is no explanation there, either. Most people, unless they've had experience, don't know how to handle the subject - my mother, for example, doesn't really know what to say or do with me when it comes to relationships or other gay issues, and, otherwise, I've very little support on the issue myself, too.

2. Vode

Vode Member

Well I've just stumbled in here because I'm bored and right into the middle of an argument so I'm waiting for someone to call me up so I can join in on this looking like I can argue, or debate, if you'd rather a softer term.

But yeah, gay marriage has no real consequence unless people find something wrong with it, which people do, but I think these people really need to think about it. There is a knowledge that most people who are against gay marriage are religious, fair enough, there's a lot to support their claims but there is also a lot to turn it against them. For example, surely a loving God would want his/her creations to be happy in whatever way it does. But that could also give an excuse for murderers and pedophiles to do what they're good at, but lets ignore that.
    Ok, someone argue with that, I need starting off really.

3. dhanash

dhanash Well-Known Member

^^ right on but i think people should be guided properly so that they would have no cause to be gay amd gay marriages should not be allowed!!

4. royj

royj Well-Known Member

i agree, they souldnt be discriminated against, they shouldn ban gay marrages,, its the freikin people`s choice.. if the want to live together no one should stop them.. its like if you want to be with this girl and your parents say dont be with her be with this othe r one how would you feel? the have a choice and they should be comfertable with it

5. dhanash

That is completely different, this is two same people wanting to get married! that is not right
    A man should be with a woman not a man with a man nor a woman with a woman and legalizing that would be just wicked.... Opposties Always attract...

6. royj

royj Well-Known Member

welll since gay people dont really affect me and i know what i am it doesnt bother me,,, as long as the stay away with their vulgar attitude from me i am pk.. btw,, if u are deprived of something u really want ( sumething bad,, like goin a bad rock party with voilence and sex) u would be Angry.. similarly, if they want to be marriesd ts their choice... as long as it dont bothe me i dont gave a dam

7. dhanash

it will bother you in time........ when you see how the society becomes....... cause others will be like if they could legalize that why cant they legalize all drugs....

8. royj

royj Well-Known Member

i dont care about those type of pple.. so i dont care what thety do as long as it aint afect me. if the want that i tnk they shud have the right to to that.. as long as they keep their activities between their group...

9. dhanash

Please refrain from using SMS language and spell your words correctly

10. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

i really don't care if the married couple is gay... i'm bisexual and you don't see me complaining.

sex on the other hand... is a touchy debate, i'll kiss boys but not have sex with them, i'll abstain from that at all costs. girls i'll make out with, and have sex with them (sometimes, but always with a condom),... i have sex w/ girls because the woman's vagina (what i heard) is a looser fit than the anus, thus reducing the chance of a condom breaking. also i like to see their face when i'm bonking the hell out of chicks.

11. dhanash

wow, you're on heck of a person to just admit that to practically the whole world, well all i have to say is that i am a straight male and i like females only, and i am totally against Gay marriage!

12. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

im against it too, because of the diseases...

13. dhanash

yes! and its just nasty!

14. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

It's just a marriage. Do you even know if they'll have an intercourse? What if they'll just adopt a puppy or pet of some sorts?

EDIT:
    You should all read the previous posts to understand the topic better :). Start from page 1.

15. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

i was referring to sexual intercourse...sorry for not stating it...

16. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

... i told you it was a touchy subject

17. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

sorry redoperator....