1. This forum is in read-only mode.

School is waste of time.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by calvin_0, Oct 23, 2010.

1. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Yoshi and Calvin; So because you allow your parents to control your future, you think school is a waste of time?

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

depend how you define believe.

if you define believe as in i live through it and experience the fact no matter who in charge it doesnt matter to me.. yes i do believe.

no, i think school is waste of time is because its clearly everything you learn there isnt importance some are down right useless and yet some how you are force to learn it even make you think your life are depend on it.

3. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

*trimbletown beats head repeatedly against wall to ease the pain

4. calvin_0

here, use this

[​IMG]

5. darkrequiem

Both are wrong.
    Whether or not you see it, the person in charge is changing your country, even if only slightly. It may take years to realize the changes, but they occur. Ignoring the government and the voting process only gives them more power to do what they want.
    School has nothing completely useless. What you think is useless is useful to others. Please don't call anything you dislike useless.
    Calvin....Are you joking right now?

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

EVERYTHING has importance to SOMEONE. even if it isn't you.

7. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

This isn't a debate. You're a fucking idiot. I'm sure someone else has told you this somewhere down the thread.

You're in no right mind to be in a debate if that's how you think, seeing how you wrote your first post. Not worth anyone's time trying to beat some sense into you about the wonders of school.

8. darkrequiem

Calvin isn't an idiot, just devoid of interest in many things required.

9. calvin_0

let them do what they want, i dont care.

and
    kinda, this topic already reach to the point around page 2, its pointless to talk about it anymore

10. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

You're right. I'm sorry Calvin. You didn't deserve to be called an idiot.

But really, there is something very wrong with your train of thought and your way of life, if that's how you see school and the whole system of education. It's scary.

11. calvin_0

sometimes i dont even understand myself, i often have thought like this. i know school is importance and yet i still see somehow its not importance at all..

my way of thinking is like a door that swing both ways.

12. darkrequiem

I see.
    Well, we disagree, but I can't change your mind, so I won't try.

13. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Why the heck do you always have to reply on my posts?

14. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

An opinion from an actual student.

I've always enjoyed school for what it is. It's there not only to educate, but to open doors to new possibilities in life. School opens those doors, and it's our job as human beings to pick one (or more) and walk into it, bringing some fun memories along the way.

15. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Hmm, as far as school goes, there's a hell of a lot of things I'll never use that I've learned there.

...Mostly in guidance counselor classes (in my old school the counselor came and instructed the entire class once a week)

She said "Use I messages instead of insulting words or physical actions. Just say "I don't feel good with you doing that, please stop"."

Imagine saying that to A boss cutting your pay, Guy cheating on your wife or pretty much any other adult.

Probly gonna be pretty ineffective.

However, other subjects in school are really important. Through science we have made great accomplishments, cures and items that modern society would have a hard time doing without (computers, TVs, Refrigerators, Air Conditioning and Heating, etc.). Math is a partner subject to science and is just as necessary as science is.

Without reading/literature, it sure would be hard for us to communicate with each other.

If we don't learn history, we'll forget the mistakes we made and repeat them all over again.

Geography...Well, you gotta know where you need to get to, I guess.

So, with that I would say school is NOT a waste of time.

However, college probably will be if you're so negative about school already.

16. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

The only problems I have with school are PE, music, and Football.

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Gym and music were pretty easy.
    I never played "real" football. I just played in the Marching Band. Which half of the people came for at the football game cause the team sucked. :p

18. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

I dun't get why football is so important. They slashed the budget of every other club and let the football club stay the same.

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It's for all of the kids to be "stars" until reality sets in when they graduate and they realize that the real world is nothing like they're used to.

20. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

I can see the importance of football though. It supposedly teaches you how to be a team player.

Anyway i hate school. Why? Because i can't see the point in the classes. Im taking english 12 and guess what? As of right now the only damn thing we have done is review shit we learned last year and read stories written by british/european authors. I don't see the point in reading that stuff because i live in the U.S., not Europe. Hell, you kinow what our english book is called? The British Tradition.

Now Collage Algebra. I can't say much about this because i know that a good portion of it will be useful but even then they are still teaching us how to calculate stuff by hand when calculators are common and a good portion of people have computer programs that can solve a math problem with a click of a button. (Bag of Tricks -insert math course name here- Solved!)

That said, im in a vocational program so i spend half a day at my school and the other half a day at another school that teaches vocational skills. Im in the computer engineering program and i learn something new everyday in that class.

Truthfully i think it would be better to get the general education done at 8th grade. General education would be english, math, social studies, general science courses, and a few other things. After that from 9th to 12th you would have a specialized education depending on what you want to do when you grow up, higher level english classes, and optional but recommended foreign language class.