1. This forum is in read-only mode.

School is waste of time.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by calvin_0, Oct 23, 2010.

1. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

That's EPIC FAIL.

Talking about assistance....VIRTUAL KEYBOARD!

Me is off again. For a while, a virtual keyboard takes a while.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

You, sir, also fail.

3. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Doggy agrees that school is vital.
    We win! Our opponent was....Yoshi? -_-'

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i never said math is useless, i just said part of it, you know the part where you need to remember unnecessary long formula.

i'm sure my hate for it is part of it, but manly because i dont use it... language is differ, its a mean for communication and communication with people is part of daily life, you cant avoid it. you dont need history to communicate with people.

so what if i fail in spelling, i'm not a writer.

i'm on my break.

5. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

I'd expect this from someone still in school, not someone who's graduated college. Surely you can look back on your school life and recognise the skills you developed there (school) that you now use everyday. Sure... some of the things you may of learned are pointless in your current career, but the world does not fucking revolve around you.

Your examples also suck dick and you're guilty of cherry-picking;
    History, so you only learned the name of some guy that was banging Cleopatra?
    Geography, did you not learn anything about population trends or the impact of tourism on local economies?
    Maths, TRAINS!!LOL!!

6. darkrequiem

Yes, Nex saves the day yet again!

And for the last time, calvin. Since you have admitted some parts of math are useful, can you see how it is still, overall, vital?
    The same goes for every other subject in school.

7. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

Another benefit of education. You KNOW...WHEN...TO...QUIT!

8. yoshi2889

I know loony.
    And I'm no sir, by the way.
    Actually math is pretty useful.

9. doggy-dj

doggy-dj Guest

Maths is used EVERY...SINGLE..DAY of your life.

10. darkrequiem

That is exactly what I just said -_-'
    You are causing me to sweatdrop way too often.
    Yoshi, since you agree math is useful, can you see how a subject that you hate would be sueful to other people?
    You thought French and Latin were useless, but you realize other people use that everyday, right? Why should schools only have
    calsses that you personally think is useful?

11. calvin_0

not really,

i can see some are useful because you cant avoid it like math, you need to know how to count certain things, but not everyone need to know Pythagorean theorem.

12. yoshi2889

Yes I can see.
    Yes I realize other people need to use it everyday. They mostly have no other choice.
    Personally I think people may choose what they want to do at school. Some people just don't care about languages & history, while other people do really like it.

13. darkrequiem

But how can you choose what you want to do in the future without having given it a chance first?
    I don't think us teens or kids are old enough to decide our futures yet.

14. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

does a2 = b2+c2 really take up that much brain space?

15. trimbletown

It does if you say "The square of the hypotenuse of a right-angled triangle is equal to the sum of the square of the remaining two sides"

16. calvin_0

most people dont get to do what they want anyway, is there a differ? most people just do what they parent told them.

17. trimbletown

Oh for the love of crap, GIVE THE FUCK UP ALREADY!

18. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Do you seriously believe this? That is one of the most hilariously uninformed, half thought, nonsensical sentences I've ever heard or read.

19. yoshi2889

This.

20. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Actually I would argue that most people didn't do what their parents told them to and a significant number of those regret it. I know I regret not putting more effort into my studies whilst at school, even though I'm doing alright for myself now.