1. This forum is in read-only mode.

School is waste of time.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by calvin_0, Oct 23, 2010.

1. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

*Sigh* Here is why.
    - It is necessary to know where nations exist regardless of whether you have maps. That is like saying, "I don't need to learn how to spell because I have spell check/dictionary".
    - As I said above, history repeats itself. Uninformed citizens make the worst voters.
    - Appreciating the arts is one step to becoming a well rounded human.
    - Learning more than one language only opens up the world. Employers are always looking for multilingual individuals.
    - What school has love lessons?.....

2. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Testing someone is an effective way to check for comprehension of a subject. It's not JUST for the sake of knowing, either - someone in the room might make a career out of historical studies. I can't speak for a teacher's motivations.

Here's a list of things an athlete would find unnecessary:
    - Computing
    - Physics
    - Mathematics

Pretty sure those are three classes you take, and I know you like at least one of them. It's all relative. Everyone is given the same opportunities. What you see as useless is very important for someone else. What is so difficult to understand about this concept?

3. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i wont count language as unnecessary. war can start just because they dont communicate well.

4. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

I would. I am never gonna speak french or latin anyways.

5. Suiseiseki

YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY PERSON IN YOUR SCHOOL. SOMEONE ELSE MIGHT FIND THIS IMPORTANT.

6. darkrequiem

See? You count that as useful. Now, since you consider math useless, what if someone else disagrees. Just because you do not plan on using something, does not mean it is useless and unneeded.
    It seems like you are being selfish. You think history is useless and doesn't belong just because you hate it?

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

french is one of the most widely used languages in the world. Latin I agree is pointless for most people.

8. Suiseiseki

I like you already. You can see the big picture.
    Post Merge: [time]1287837118[/time]
    But not for all, which is the point we are trying to make.

Seriously, I hope some of you muster the mental acuity to be able to look outside your own fucking skulls, because god help us all if you're representative of the human race as a whole.

9. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

...still waiting for someone to deliver the mont'ka.

10. Suiseiseki

I'm pretty sure the killing blow works when the target is smart enough to know it's dead.

Just wait, someone will leave a nice big gaping hole in their argument and everyone else will be all over that.

11. darkrequiem

calvin seems to have logged off.
    And Yoshi got bored was busy and left.
    Does this count? :/

12. trimbletown

Not really (and since when can everyone read Tau?)

13. yoshi2889

...if I go to fix a bug in my Simple Browser engine it doesn't count as me getting bored...

14. Suiseiseki

Nah, wait a day or so and some 13 year old, uneducated philistine will hit up this thread and start all over again due to their inability to recognise other people might have different learnng requirements.

Bro, I am a massive 40k fan. I collect Necrons. I'll take a pic of my army after I finish my Monolith and Flayed Ones.

15. darkrequiem

Oh, those silly noobs, the "Tau". We have been here millions of years before them, and yet they think the universe belongs to them and their "greater good".
    Oops, you were just busy (you always are o_O)
    Necrons! Another Necron fan on romU! You are officially awesome.

16. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

School can help you avoid language and spelling FAIL.
    Also, I get free tuition in exchange for gruesome, hard lessons.

17. yoshi2889

Yes busy with developing a new browser.
    If I post here I try to get new ideas for it :p
    It's going well though.

True. Other people need other things to learn, like assistance.

18. trimbletown

I don't collect miniatures but I do play the games (DoW FTW!)
    PS. You barbaric automatons shall fall to the Greater Good.

This thread bores me now as the object of my abuse appears to have left.

19. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

spell check crashed checking this thread...oh well.

20. doggy-dj

doggy-dj Guest

P.E: Some countries kids cant get of their arses to go run around a track or go swimming for a day. PE is one of the few things that keeps people healthy
    Maths: You couldn't live life without maths. It's used in practically everything.
    English:English is my first language.I wouldn't know proper English without school.
    History: who could go through life without knowing anything about the past? it's interesting and who knows, it could be involved in your Job.

well, those are the main subjects. I couldn't be bothered to write about the rest including art, Spanish, French, Irish, science...
    so...School is important to learn, improve social skills and just basically get the exercise you need.Learn the facts kid, you need school.