1. This forum is in read-only mode.

School is waste of time.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by calvin_0, Oct 23, 2010.

1. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

hopefully. thanks for not insulting me.

2. Oteupaiecona

Oteupaiecona Well-Known Member

Why would i do that?
    You never insulted me.

Now to get back on topic, i would say that no matter how much school sucks to anyone here, it is definitely better then the alternative.

3. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

you can't get a job these days without at least a high-school diploma, it used to be you could quit school and get a fairly good job working at a a company as a cubicle man, but now due to changes in technology, the best you can hope for is either construction or a shitty job.

to those who say school is a waste, the world needs grave diggers.

4. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

School gives children a safe place to grow up , give them a opportunity to learn how to live with each other , tell them how to learn and many many other things . That's enough .

5. dino340

dino340 Well-Known Member

If only there was some way to collect money from the masses of people who live somewhere to put into public programs..........

Oh wait! TAXES!

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It's not so much an advancement of technology, it's more of a case of there's a lot of people in the world, we need to hire the people who are either over/qualified or are best suited for the job. Usually people who apply that haven't graduated don't get hired because there was people before or after who have graduated applied as well. If I get 5 applicants and all but 2 didn't graduate highschool, I'm not hiring them, and this is for a restaurant till/waiting job here.

Hell, graduating high school as of now is ridiculously easy.

7. Oteupaiecona

Unless you spend your school days getting drunk and/or high.
    When you have a discussion with your teacher because she is accusing you of drinking beer, and you protest that it wasn't beer, it was Cachaça, maybe it is time for you to rethink your priorities.
    I didn't, and now i serve as an example of one of those losers who thought school was a waste of time.
    Seriously kids, i know i sound like grandpa here, but if you don't finish school, you will seriously regret it later in life.

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Fuck, I did this for my last two years of high school and I passed with 70% and 80% on average.

9. Oteupaiecona

Haha...
    Well, i got my education in Portugal.I made the 9th grade, which is high school there, and i failed on my first year after that.
    It's not that it was hard, i was just hardly in school.Most of the time i would be at a bar, or somewhere with my friends.

10. Dictionary + Search engine = everything you have learned in those 12 years of school (14 if you count kindergarten and preschool)

11. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I don't know why we have school... I mean, they should've invented auto-knowledge hats already.

12. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Most people would not know how to use a search engine or read without school.
    And even if they did, almost no one would purposely learn new things online, when there are so many fun things.

13. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Uuuuuhhhhh.... Dude... Most people don't know how to use a search engine even WITH school.

14. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

XD Ha, Touche.

15. meimeiloei

meimeiloei Member

school is a waste of time, so is college. haha :p

16. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

i learn more things on the internet than on school so i quit

17. Oteupaiecona

Yay for you.
    Now let's see 10 years from now, when you're looking for a job, how well that's going to work out for you.
    Maybe we'll still be here on RomU and i can get you a job where i work, shoveling 200F asphalt under 100F weather.

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The dude is 14, I doubt he's actually quit, unless his parents are really that bad...

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

depending what country he's in he might not have the option to quit. Most developed countries require people under 16 to be in full time education.

20. Oteupaiecona