1. This forum is in read-only mode.

School is waste of time.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by calvin_0, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You are an ignorant and disgusting human being.

2. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

4. OmegaFlare2

OmegaFlare2 Well-Known Member

Without school, you don't meet new friends. There. It's also a place to meet up with your friends. You also need EVERYTHING school teaches you if you want to work in Intellegence Agencies.

5. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

School made me afraid of people. You know, that phobia where you get suffocated because people surrounds you. Also paranoia that you get kidnap/bombed/killed if you leave the house for any unofficial reasons, like getting fresh air/mingling with other neighbors.

Also, when i was young, my parents told me I was the life of the house. I always greeted every visitor we have, even offered them drinks and entertainment like jokes and funny remarks.

Then, I was sent to school, met new people, stayed with those people from 7-3 or 5 + 5 days a week sometimes saturday and well, they said i changed since that. Everytime there is a visitor, I would go up to my room and lock the door behind me. I won't get out till' the visitor gets out or i would be called by that said visitor.

Good thing i got over with some of those fears. But is school the culprit or society in general?
    Hmmm, maybe school was the first immediate reason but the general reason was that I went to an unknown territory unknown to me back then, called society....hmmm...

6. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

Did your school friends had fangs? Why did they traumatize you so?

7. Nitemare_ Plague

Nitemare_ Plague Well-Known Member

it breeds personality issues and low self esteem

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No, you develop these things.

9. Juilliard

Juilliard Member

Sorry to spam, since I'm a new member, but REALLY, i find this thread totally amusing. LOL.

10. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Back up your spam please

11. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

school is a waste of time in Hawaii, the education system is total shit, we have people coming in both drunk and high and not giving a shit, half of the school population doesn't even attempt to go to class, but in Okinawa (where I'm from, yay.) the education system is actually better due to students actually willing to go to school.

the crappy system in Hawaii made it easier for those people who wanted to learn, I passed with all A's. Its sad I know

12. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

/thread

13. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Hawaii uses like 5 alphebets right?

14. redoperator

what A,B,C,D, and F?

nah bruddah, deh talk liek dis mahn. wer 3 is pronounsed "tree"

15. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Relax Natewlie. He's a stupid 11-year-old kid that has yet to learn the real world, and we know that most kids (especially ones of his age and under) are stupid.

You know, learning isn't just about taking everything being taught at school by teachers in classrooms. Why not go above and beyond the classroom? Ever heard of extra-curricular activities? Why not join and get involved in clubs such as the Key Club, or Speech and Debate Club?

And if you hate your school's education system so much, then why don't you go take advanced classes at a local college instead? I've known a few people in my high-school that have done this.

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Well I dont know hawaii, but...would they have such extra curricular activities?

I know some schools I seen dont, so there are exceptions...usually the crap/ill equipped due to budgetting.

17. redoperator

I'm already in my second year of college... but yes, you are right, extracurricular activities are good, but not a lot of schoolers engage in said above.

James Campbell High School is a "shit-school" and doesn't receive much funding either, and people are too lazy to volunteer or take advanced classes.

18. Oteupaiecona

Oteupaiecona Well-Known Member

Wait a minute...
    Are you saying you would like your school to get more funding?
    But where would it get that funding from?
    /offtopic

19. redoperator

money would be nice but Hawaii is strapped for cash, no one wants to pay more. I thinking of a massive bake sale to raise funding, you know, to give back.

20. Oteupaiecona

Oteupaiecona Well-Known Member

Figures, lol.
    Me and you are very different ;) .
    From your comments i see you as a libertarian, what with the charity programs to raise funding for your school, the free markets to lift the economy, etc.
    I guess it's really no use for us to get tangled in such debates.
    Our ideologies are too far apart.
    So all i'll say is good luck with your charity program.
    I really don't believe it'll put a dent in your schools budget, but hey, any money is a little help, right?