1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sandman Strikes Back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dedboy, Sep 16, 2010.

1. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

lol, I cant sleep either. I go to bed at 10 p.m., I end up sleeping at 12 a.m., it has started since grade 7...

..sleeping in class, not paying attention, HOLY CRAP, THAT IS WHAT CAUSED MY BAD GRADES!!!!!! Well, it's not THAT bad but still. I've tried drinking REDBULL before school, crashed by 11 a.m.

Still, I go to sleep at 11 p.m. now because I know that I won't actually sleep until 1-4 hours later, might as well be productive!

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hmmm... a new theory that helps me sleep...a 40oz bottle of NyQuil each night is VERY helpful ^_^

3. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Hey fellow insomniacs. Just popping in to say I can't sleep tonight. wow.

Went to bed at 9, coz dad said so.

Woke up 11:30 hot and sweaty

Dad says the CPU being on during the day makes my room hot.

Wonder if he's right?

Excuse me while I try to sleep again for another half-hour.

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Yes.
    Mine is in the room with the door next to the stairs and when you get to the top you can feel the heat coming from the room.

5. dedboy

dedboy Guest

CPU heat is brutal. Even in larger rooms you can feel the humidity from a computer.
    I've gotten in toll, roughly 12 hours of shuteye in the past 8 days.

The inside of my eyes feel like I have metal ball bearings in them.
    At the rate I sleep, maybe I do.

6. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

That sounds terrible. I feel awful if I have a few days in a row where I don't get much sleep. Hope it improves soon.

Recently I was reading this book called Insomia, which a guy slowly loses the amount of sleep he gets each night but then develops hyperawareness which allows him to see auras, what people are feeling, etc. A pretty good read.

7. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Thanks for the vote of hope. It takes the same focus to try and get your sleep patterns as it does to safecrack. Hell just one night of staying up late can ruin your sleep style.
    I might have to look into the book, as it sounds like something that is up my alley, reading wise.

8. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

Your welcome. Be warned, it's a big book, and about the first 150 pages are buildup. If you stick with it though, you'll enjoy it.

9. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

like stated before.. NyQuil will solve ALL your sleeping problems :p

10. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Dude I am a lightweight when it comes to NyQuil. One tablespoon and I am spaced out. True it does work for sleep, but oh man does it put you into a different world the next day. Not even coffee or a good shower made me wake up the next day.

11. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

well...same for me, but hey, a good sleep is a good sleep, just sleep all night, all day, wake up around 3PM, take some more, go back to sleep, and wake up refreshed! :p

12. dedboy

dedboy Guest

I have to agree with you. So long as you sleep, the methods are fine. In this case the end fully justifies the means.

13. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

have you tried whiskey?

14. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Alcohol does not induce REM sleep.

15. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

if you're trying to lucid dream try the novadreamer. only 200$ :p

16. msg2009

Try running furthur at the gym, ive been doing half marathons and once I get in bed nothing can wake me up for at least 6 hours.
    Apparently next doors had a big argument last night, news to me, I slept through it.

17. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

ahahaha LOL that's what my dad does all the time. never works with me though.

18. dedboy

dedboy Guest

I pretty much walk everywhere I go, so I don't abuse driving. I hate people who drive fifty feet from their house, instead of just walking it.
    But I digress.
    Last night I got a full six hours of sleep. Damn I didn't know that was possible for me. But it sure felt good waking up this morning.

19. msg2009

Its bad for your training, your bodys not get chance to recover. It can't really be good for you as a whole either, your gonna look in the mirror one day and look 10 years older than what you are.
    I would see your doctor if it continues, sleeps important.

20. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Ultimately that is where I am headed. If I don't get something done, my heart is going to conk on me. When you have to be a thief just to get sleep, then you know you've stepped over the edge a bit much.