1. This forum is in read-only mode.

SA2B Chao no second evolution

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by saher1175, Jun 14, 2017.

1. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

My Chao do not go through 2nd evolution. I give em chaos drives till they get to Lv. 20 (of a certain ability) and they go through 1st evolution, then I keep giving em Chaos Drives till they get to lv 50 but no 2nd evolution. Is there something am I doing wrong here?

2. Sahel123

Sahel123 Guest

Which game is this? I am guessing it is from the Sonic the Hedgehog series.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

It's probably 'Sonic Adventure 2 : Battle'. It's actually better for the OP to be clear what the title is than puzzle the readers. That said, I've never played it.

Maybe read this to figure an answer;
    "Second Evolution

After your Chao emerges from its first evolution cocoon, it is considered to be an adult. However, its shape and colour are not permanent and will continue to change as it grows older! This is called second evolution, and will continue throughout its adult life. Unlike the first evolution, the Chao does not enter a cocoon for the second evolution.

An adult Chao can change into a total of nine different possible second evolutions: Normal, Swim, Fly, Run, Power, Swim+Run, Swim+Power, Fly+Run, and Fly+Power. However, the second evolutions are completely different for each of the fifteen first evolutions. This means there are a total of 135 different complete second evolutions!

It works just like it does with a child Chao: the Chao will gradually change over time depending on the animals or Chaos Drives that it interacts with. At first, you will find it very difficult to tell what ability type(s) the Chao has for its second evolution, as there will be very little difference. However, the effect will become increasingly more pronounced as it grows older, and will be in full effect after twelve to twenty hours. A rough guideline is the change should be apparent after the Chao's first (natural) mating season.

Contrary to popular belief, second evolution is not permanent, has nothing to do with stats, and does not take place at any specific age. You can always change the second evolution of a Chao by simply giving it different animals or Chaos Drives. For example, if you have a Neutral/Fly/Run Chao, you can give it Power animals and it will change into a Neutral/Fly/Power Chao.

There have been a lot of questions about the format used on Chao Island to describe evolutions. Basically, the format is Alignment / First Evolution / Second Evolution. This format can also be seen as Alignment / Ability Type / Gradual Evolution. For example, "Dark/Run/Power" is a shorthand way of saying that a Chao has the Dark alignment, Run first evolution, and Power second (gradual) evolution.

In reality, there is nothing special about second evolution. It is almost exactly the same as the gradual change that a child Chao goes through before it evolves, with only a few differences: it is a longer, slower process;there is no longer any control over alignment, as that is fixed after first evolution; and it ends with the Chao's death, not with a metamorphosis." (Source: http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2b/second-evolution)

4. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

I just said that, Its the post title, "SA2B"

SA2B Is short for Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

I know everything about chao and evolution and whatnot.

And i also checked out that Chao Island site before i posted this question. Why didn't I post it there? It's closed. For some reason you cant post a thread or create an account.

The problem isn't that it doesn't enter a second cocoon. I know there is no second cocoon. "Second Evolution" refers to that It just gradually changes.

The problem is that it Doesn't gradually change. e.g the Shadow Chao's quills just stay green after First evolution. They don't turn red. The NiGHTS Chao's "jesters" do not get longer, It's skin remains light purple and does not get darker or purpler, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2017