1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[Rumor] Next PlayStation Is Called Orbis

Discussion in 'General News' started by iluvfupaburgers, Mar 29, 2012.

1. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Source: http://kotaku.com/5896996/the-next-playstation-is-called-orbis-sources-say-here-are-the-details

2. Niflheim

Niflheim Horrible evil rat

>kotaku

3. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

it could be. you do have to remember that kotaku was the first to release info on wii u, circle pad pro or even 3ds

4. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

I think they have time travel devices! they just report on what stuff the future already has

5. xicyacex

xicyacex Well-Known Member

Sony will most likely make a version costing 100$ more for the backwards compatibility.

6. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

Or make the backwards compatible like the very first Japanese run and by the time it comes out in the west they change it out due to "Costs" or hardware overheating

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

considering that the backwards compatible PS3s actually contained PS2 hardware, cutting costs is a perfectly valid reason to remove the feature.

8. Fadelical

Fadelical Member

Orbis? That just sounds stupid, even for a working title.

Other than that, it doesn't sound that amusing. I might save my money and keep playing my PS3. Only the compatibility of 3D games sounds amazing.

9. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Like a name means anything, anyone remember the backlash from such names as the "Wii" and the "iPod"?

10. Fadelical

Fadelical Member

Orbis really reminds me of Orbit, and that name of gum really bothers me. I pray to Dios that they'll change it.

11. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

wow for the 1st time, playstation sound disappointing....

12. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

[over the top groan here]
    I would hope it doesn't require online at all times.
    Bah. I never buy used games, this is even more incentive to avoid those rip-offs.

I like the name Orbis better than "Playstation 4".

13. Fadelical

Fadelical Member

Playstations have always been disappointing to me. That is why I favor the Xbox360.