1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Rugby World Cup

Discussion in 'Sports' started by philipa, Oct 5, 2007.

1. FantomRedux

FantomRedux Well-Known Member

And THAT try wasnt a try. I'm English but even I feel I have to say that. His knee touched the line and that's classed as out-of-play, simple as.

2. einherjar

einherjar Well-Known Member

dunno, to me it seemed like he lifted his leg just in time, but 'cause i'm Dutch, I know shit about Rugby.

It's pretty crap that SA won, anyway

3. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Question about Rugby.....

What is the differ between Rugby and American Football? arent they basically the same thing? so why they are call Rugby instead of Football?

thanks.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

rugby is the original game, American football is a spin-off of rugby, and they wanted to be different, so they called it 'American Football'. Realistically, it doesn't deserve to be called football, because the foot is hardly ever used. What the Americans call 'Soccer' is real football.

The main difference between rugby and American football is Americans need protective clothing when playing, other nations don't, so there is virtually no protective clothing in rugby. Hence, the British refer to American football as 'American Women's rugby'

5. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

thanks, i understand now......

btw i do know 'Soccer' as foot ball, but i'm not a fan of Foot ball even though i live in Malaysia....

6. jayMASTERjay

jayMASTERjay Active Member

Yes! SO glad we (South Africa) won. Anyone see our win 2 days ago, against New Zealand? Boom, another Tri-Nations Cup in the bag. :)