1. This forum is in read-only mode.

rpg suggestions for newcomer to rpg"s?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by sulcount13, Mar 30, 2009.

1. knightroad

knightroad Well-Known Member

Naw, you'll be fine. Pokemon is pokemon in my opinion. They're great fun and you should be able to jump right in. I'm not as familiar with the Final Fantasy series (shame on me) but my understanding is that they can be played individually and you don't need to have played the others to get into the one you pick... meaning the various FF games have some running themes, but they have more or less independent stories. So, go for it!

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Virtually all pokemon games have the same story with minor variations in detail. Final Fantasy games are all entirely separate stories with different characters and are all completely independent, with the exception of X-2, which is the sequel to X.

3. sulcount13

sulcount13 Member

how abt any of the dragon quest games? recommended for rpg newcomer?

4. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Well Dragon Quest games are usually grinding and pretty dull on the DS, might put you off

Also I forgot to mention Disgaea, it's highly recommended

5. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

Dragon Quest is pretty simple to get into. Plus, each game can be played as a standalone, though you might missed some references like, say, that refers to DQIV in DQV, but otherwise, it's not really necessary to play each one in order.

No mention of Magical Starsign? It's pretty cute, plus the you can charge or minimise attacks with tapping your stylus on the character.

6. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Disgaea is for the hardcore man, plus it's more tactics than anything else

7. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

And if you don't mind level grinding a lot. Especially if you go into the Item Worlds a lot...

8. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

I couldn't get into this game, ): too much effort (even though it has quite good mechanics and is pretty funny)

9. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

neither could I, maybe cause I was playing Luminous Arc 2 :D

10. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Hardcore? Easy! Level 6,023 man! I got to level 6,023!
    It is easy!