1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Romulation's gonna LIVE!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ronald059, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

RomUlation got shut down back in 2007 also. But we're still here! ;)

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

im buying some points anyway, theres still hundreds of roms i want.

3. mulch

mulch New Member

for many of the users here roms are the main reason that they go to this site

4. Yah, I'm going to agree with you. I'm not here for the community. I usually only post because of a pal.

5. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

And yet similar shit happened to the now defunct nds-roms, though the owner of that took the money and ran like a little douche; didn't even put up a fight, he just u[ and vanished off the face of the earth(Aussieland is lot of ground to cover, tbh).
    At least Seph stuck around

6. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Uh, fuck you too? Why even be here then? Why even post in this thread? This isn't a "pal" issue.

Selfish bastards.

7. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you don't wanna participate in the community don't.
    *sigh*
    Now my brother is pissed off since I told him the news that RomU has been sorta shut down.

Lemme just get it all out... ((warning major cussing and (c)rudeness in small text, I really don't care if I get banned))
    GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING BASTARD ASS SONS OF UGLY BITCHES TAKING AWAY OUR FUCKING DS ROMS SHOULD SERIOUSLY PAINFULLY BURN IN A SHIT-LINED HOLE AFTER BEING BUTT FUCKED IN THEIR FAT ASSES. WHY WONT YOU LET US FUCKING PIRATE YOU GREEDY BITCHES YOU ALREADY HAVE A BILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY!!! Please don't quote this.
    Looks like two lines, eh? Copy paste it. I DARE YOU.

8. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

i dared. theres no point ranting about it, tbh they are in the right, were stealing from them.
    i still believe however that a little piracy helps sell consoles so maybe they wont go all out, just make it harder for us to get them

9. greenfire

greenfire Well-Known Member

i knew something like this would, E3 did just passed and lots of cool games are coming to DS!

10. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

when theres a will theres a way... and nothing is gonna stop anyone from getting games from a different method, but i'm still gonna hang around this awesome site because
    A: Awesome helpful community.
    B: Homebrew, hacking, emulation scene.

11. greenfire

12. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

he's already dead, so the fun has passed

13. MionSonozaki

MionSonozaki New Member

noooo!!!! is Romulation really gonna stop letting users download DS games??? Oh man..I was REALLY looking forward to Luminous Arc 3, Rune Factory 3 and Golden Sun DS....all in eng version of course....

14. LuckyTrouble77

Let me put this scenario up for you:

You host NDS roms. You've hosted NDS roms for awhile. You've had various cease and desist letters that you have had to deal with by removal of single roms. One day, you get a letter saying that if you don't remove every rom covered by a specific company, you will go to court in a battle that has been lost before you got the notice.

What do you do? Do you leave the roms up and go to prison for your unappreciative users (not all are obviously, but the bulk really are ungrateful), or do you pull all roms that cover this basically super cease and desist?

They just made the smarter move legally. It's all they did.

15. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

siiimplyyy wondering,are there going to still be roms to download in the future (for example the ghost trick that came out today)?

16. LuckyTrouble77

Only roms not covered by the ESA. So basically, no. No big NDS titles will ever be hitting RomUlation again.

17. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Don't say "ever again". Once again, the ESA already targeted RomUlation back in 2007. But we came back to life. Maybe the same will happen this time.

18. LuckyTrouble77

Maybe, maybe not. My moral has sort of been thrashed though.

19. greenfire

well with 3DS coming up we should cool it with 3DS roms (as in not posting any sort of 3DS rom) for ESA will really get up at our asses.!

20. LuckyTrouble77

3DS rom dumps won't be a fast thing. People are going to have to learn how to properly dump 3DS roms, flash carts and emulators are going to have to be made to play these roms, and AP crackers will have to figure out how to deal with the AP that is inevitably going to be on many of the first year titles (I mean, Ocarina of Time, Starfox, Kid Icarus, Paper Mario).

Needless to say, 3DS emulation becoming solid will probably take at least a year.