1. This forum is in read-only mode.

RomUlations 3DS Topic

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Kiekoes, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Kresn1k

Kresn1k Active Member

OMG, they achievements on 3DS...
    wow
    i´m such an achievement addict on 360...
    but, since i´m only silver, i miss a lot of easy achievement.
    hopefully, with the 3DS i´ll finally get achievement after achievement ^_^
    this thing just get better every second.

2. kammithecamel

kammithecamel Well-Known Member

They gave us the dimensions, card size, some info on the wi-fi, the controls, what the graphics are like, and an idea of what games to expect. I think that's a nice bit of information. What's left for me is what kind of processor it uses, the battery life, the release date, and the price of the system and games.
    And I just realized something regarding a theoretical N64 emulator. Ocarina of Time pretty much used everything except for the R button, but it's getting ported. I'm sure that if the 3DS is hacked and an N64 emulator written for it, the control scheme could be take from this, or at least similar to it. Just a thought.

3. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

They are saying that since N64 era.

There is now say I am buying original games. the taxes on games and electronics on my country are completely retarded. There is absolutely no way I am buying original games around here.

4. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

There is a analog controller. Sweet.

5. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I think it might be iffy still with N64 emulation. The 3DS is said to be somewhere between the Wii and Gamecube. I do not know if you can emulate the N64 on a gamecube, but do know that the Wii can just emulate a few select N64 roms without any problems. So, if the 3DS is only as powerful as the gamecube, I do not see any playable N64 emulation going on there...

However, Ps1 emulation might more of a possibility than the N64.
    The N64 had nearly 3X's the CPU speed of a PS1 (N64=93.75MHZ, PS1=33.9MHZ), and at least double the ram (N64=upgradable 4MB, PS1=2MB), plus the N64 had a co-processor of 62.5MHZ.

With all the facts on the table, PS1 emulation is much more plausible on the 3DS than N64 emulation.
    It's almost to the point where any current DS Lite can emulate a PS1 iso, so emulating on a 3DS would be no problem... As long as the system will be able to be hacked... I give it 3 days after release...

6. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Well not sure about Gamecube.
    But could possibly emulate PS1.
    Like PSP.

7. kammithecamel

kammithecamel Well-Known Member

If you're being serious, three days is EXTREMELY generous. After all, it took about a month to make a flashcart compatible with the DSi. Three days would be nice though.

8. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

But most likely impossible.
    If it is going to be hacked.
    It will take a while.

9. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

It depends on what it will take to hack it. It might be almost identical to hacking the DS or the DSi, and it may be entirely different. We'll just have to see.

10. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Well I think it may be similar to the flashcards.

11. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I'm just hoping the games aren't too large. I can't afford a $50 flash cart with a $150 memory card on top of the price of the system.

12. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Well you may have to.
    Well you can find a 16GB Micro SDHC for $50
    That could fit around 10 3DS games or maybe more.
    Would be better if it had Intel memory.

13. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

you mean internal?

14. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Yeah.

15. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

ANALOG STICK!
    WIDE-SCREEN! So people can watch 16:9 movies in it! Whe ever a 3DS R4 comes out or something like that.

I think that it will take makers of flashcarts a long time to hack the 3DS....?

16. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

http://gizmodo.com/5569175/nintendo-3ds-will-launch-by-march-2011-design-not-final

17. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

I wonder how much does the 3DS cost, anyway i have saved up $200 for it ;D

18. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

200 is probably about how much it will cost, yeah.

19. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

But there are still other things like the flashcarts, casing, games, ear phone, 3D glasses, many more. I think i have to increase my savings for the 3DS to $500 to be safe ;D

20. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

You don't need 3D glasses... That was one of the major features about the 3DS. 3D without 3D glasses.