1. This forum is in read-only mode.

RomUlations 3DS Topic

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Kiekoes, Jun 15, 2010.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I see that interview went well. Congrats! It may be a crappy job, but money is money.

The 3DS will be worth it, I'm sure. That system just looks amazing beyond all reasoning. At this rate, it will blow the PSP out of the water. I mean, imagine the new emulation possibilities for it it too. If it's powerful enough, we might see an N64 and a PSX emulator on this thing if it's hackable.

2. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

That's a big if. Nintendo is incredibly pissed off with piracy atm, there is no way hell the 3ds will be so easily hacked.
    I see so many noobs saying "oh, not gonna buy it until it's hacked"... LOL good luck with that.

3. LuckyTrouble77

I just want it for the amazing game list. I'll gladly buy games when I can for a system like this. Plus, I'm sure game rental places will start stocking 3DS games almost instantly.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Thank you!

If it is powerful enough, it would be nice for an N64 emulator (if that's even possible).
    PSX as well!

5. LuckyTrouble77

N64 will be iffy because of that freaking control scheme, but the the PSX would be easily possible I would think.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yes!

It will be like the PSX setup on the PSP with the analog stick being the L2 and R2 buttons I would assume.

7. LuckyTrouble77

I'll need one heck of a MicroSD card if this is possible though.......

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yes.

But, in order for such emulators to work, it may need to be hacked like the Wii has been. :p

9. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

You'll probably need a strong PC too

10. HeartofSword

HeartofSword Well-Known Member

Yeah man,now 2Gb is like nothing.If I'm not mistaken,they'll start at 2Gb and then go on rising,like the NDS [32,64,128,256].Any good hearted user wants to help a poor soul to buy a 16 Gb MicroSD? : D

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

For what?

A PC has nothing to do with Wii modding except downloading files and putting them on an SD card.
    Other than that, the PC isn't involved at all...

12. LuckyTrouble77

We're think more emulators for the 3DS, not emulating the 3DS on a computer. ;)

They'll be big games, I'm sure. A 32gb MicroSD will be nothing, I'll need to be able to hook up a 1TB hard drive to my system. xD

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

What about the SDXC cards?

Maybe the flashcarts will support those?

14. LuckyTrouble77

SDXC? I've never heard of that. What is it exactly?

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It is a higher capacity card.

SDHC only goes to 32GBs.
    SDXC is 64GBs and up to 128GBs I believe. Not sure how far it goes up. :p

16. LuckyTrouble77

The only SDXC cards on Amazon are over $200 each. No thank you. :/

17. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

If it didnt cost almost $100... >_>

My bad... But still, there's chances of viruses and all >_>

18. HeartofSword

HeartofSword Well-Known Member

Heh!With 3DS's power we will be able to emulate N64 and GBA!Yeah FINALLY!Maybe even Gamecube,but I guess I'm going a bit high...

19. LuckyTrouble77

Gamecube already is nowhere near a possibility. This thing is supposed to be able to be about as powerful as a Gamecube. Emulating it on a handheld still won't be possible.

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yeah. :p

They're rather expensive.