1. This forum is in read-only mode.

RomUlations 3DS Topic

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Kiekoes, Jun 15, 2010.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

An N64 emulator will still be iffy since the 3DS is missing a few parts of the N64 controller still. I'm sure the 3DS will easily be powerful enough, it will just take somebody dedicated enough to remap the N64 control scheme to match that of the 3DS.

Also, I assume the 3DS will be around $200, so you should have enough for a game or two on top of the system I would think.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Can't answer ANYTHING yet that we don't know. :p

3. mpc2007

mpc2007 Well-Known Member

I hope 3DS will launch as soon as possible....
    arrgghhh..
    I want to buy it.....

4. LuckyTrouble77

It probably won't launch until either Holiday, or early next year. I don't foresee it coming before then, even if it seems like they could have a successful launch if released tomorrow.

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

No shit!

I want it freaking NOW!!

6. LuckyTrouble77

So, what do you think the special trade in offers for DSi's and XL's will be at places like Gamestop when this thing releases?

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Not sure.

But I got $90 off for my DSi for the XL when I traded it in.
    Maybe the same if I am thinking correctly.

I'm maybe not going to trade my XL in because I play my AK2i on there.
    But if it's worth it, then I will, but I'll miss it.. :(

I'll trade it in if there's a flashcart developed for it to play DS roms on it.

8. kammithecamel

kammithecamel Well-Known Member

$200 is my guess as well, but I also happen to have a candy addiction :D. As for the N64 emulator, the only major control issue I see is with the C-buttons (I don't remember ever using the R button). The only way i can see that being fixed is with the touch screen which has just as good a chance of working well as it does failing.

I know. -sigh- Nintendo left us with so many answers and so many questions.

9. LuckyTrouble77

I'll trade in my DSlite maybe if they are giving a really good trade in on all DS's (I still have a phat to fall back on). If they only give the special to the few who bought the DSi and XL though, the special will probably be pretty useless. My lite has a changed case though (mix of white and black), so I'm not sure they would even accept it, much less give me enough to make it worth my time to trade in.

10. mpc2007

mpc2007 Well-Known Member

wow...... 3DS only $200..??!!

11. LuckyTrouble77

Nintendo fairly prices their handhelds. I mean, the Wii, with a game, was only $250 new, and that is a full blown home console.

If anything, Nintendo tries to create a wholesome gaming experience that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to enjoy.

12. KingWooper

KingWooper Active Member

I know I shouldn't say this on a site like this, but I really really hope the 3DS is the end of DS piracy. I mean, they've lost millions. I can only hope...

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Just a speculation...

The DSi XL was $210 USD after tax.

They may take it, though if the serial sticker is gone, they may not.

I probably will trade in my XL and just play on my brothers' lites if the offer is really good.

I think you mean so few answers, and so many questions? ;)

14. LuckyTrouble77

The XL where I'm at was only $160 or $180 USD, no sales tax around here. Yeah, the serial sticker is gone, long gone. They would just slap their own price sticker on, but it does make sending it to Nintendo for maintenance if it needs it that much more difficult. Of course, no lites are under factory warranty anymore, so it probably doesn't matter.

Note: Just checked, the DSi XL is $190 new without a trade in.

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That's low. :p

I payed $110 for mine because of the trade-in.

Yeah, I don't know if they'll take your lite. You can try though. :)

16. LuckyTrouble77

Like I said, if they are offering a good trade in on all DS models, I'll highly consider giving it a shot. Along with my Phat of course. I just won't mention the fact that the touchscreen doesn't work worth crap anymore on the Phat. It is sort of off everywhere for the most part and no longer calibrates. xD

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That's pretty funny. ;D

If they offer a good trade for my XL, then I'll trade it in. :)

18. LuckyTrouble77

I wouldn't of bought an XL. xD
    Of course, that is just me looking at the fact that my lite does everything I need. Also, I'm not exactly rolling in money.

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I'm not rolling in it either. :p
    I have none as of now, though I start at Wendy's in a couple of weeks!

So, I probably will trade in my XL after all. :p

20. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

........ Then why are you here?............