1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Romulation Shop Update

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bobafett1136, Jan 2, 2010.

1. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

I thought it was illegal to Sell/Buy Flashcarts on Ebay.

2. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

It's still done.

3. sexywogboy

Well that's probably why he got an empty box. :p

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Some still do it.

It's not illegal, it's just not a good practice.

Remember.

Australia ftw :)

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We tried the forum section, there wasn't enough interest so we removed it again. As for expanding the shop, we will, but it's not something one just does as buying products to sell requires quite a big initial investment.

6. sexywogboy

Understandable mate. We wouldn't want you to buy Flashcarts for just say $20 each, and then sell them to us for $30 each.

7. bobafett1136

bobafett1136 Well-Known Member

So what you're trying to say is that we need quite a high number of certain sellers before we start the program?

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

And that is cheaper than the shop I go to, which sells them for $40 :)

9. bobafett1136

Raysie, it is impossible to make profit from 2nd hand products.. It has to be cheaper than the original market price for it to be sold.
    Post Merge: [time]1262402338[/time]
    This whole idea is about MEMBERS selling 2nd hand products, not Seph purchasing brand new products and selling them.

10. sexywogboy

No. What he's saying is that he needs to have money in the first place to get the items to sell and then find a place where he can probably buy in bulk so the items are cheap enough for Romulation to compete with other online shops.

That was just an example price. You know what I meant. :p

Seph isn't talking about 2nd hand products.

11. bobafett1136

Your not getting the point though, go to the first post, this is ALL 2nd hand products.

12. sexywogboy

I know what you're talking about, but clearly you can see that the subject has changed and that Seph was talking about selling *Brand New* Flashcarts.

13. bobafett1136

I understand now, sorry, excuse my ignorance. What would be smarter though is instead of buying brand new products, Seph could get them from us at a much cheaper price than a store.

14. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I do not want to sell 2nd hand products, I'd have to test each one to make sure it was still working and such, and that's not how I want to spend my time.

15. bobafett1136

Would you be able to make profit selling brand new products?

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Let's try brand new flash carts/micro sd card then.

If it's legal to sell from where you are of course sir.

Of course!

17. bobafett1136

Care to elaborate?

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

19. sexywogboy

Only if Seph is able to buy the Flashcarts cheap enough to actually compete with other online Flashcarts shops. The positive of buying Flashcarts from Romulation is that if a member has any problems with working with their Flashcart, they can easily ask for help from a place they bought it from. So that could give Seph a little more incentive to make Flashcart prices a "little" more expensive.

20. bobafett1136

Fine, there will be a slight profit, but it would be slim, only if Seph could find a site with cheap flashcarts would this plan be very successful.