1. This forum is in read-only mode.

romulation merch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by equitypetey, Jan 15, 2008.

?

If RomUlation were to open a shop selling branded T-shirts and the like, would you buy one?

1. Alreet (geordie for 'yes')

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nee fookin chance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

Has anyone realized how expensive making some of these items would be? Along with paying for the server, I don't know it the admins have enough for DS stickers and other useless crap. I say just go with the shirt.

2. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Well CafePress is a good option if you don't want to waste money. I made like $32 USD by selling a POS shirt with a MapleStory monster on it. Didn't have to spend a dollar!

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

nah, cafepress isn't that good. don't worry about making them, I can handle that side of things, just vote that you'll buy one :p

4. ultra

ultra Guest

it's a great idea, but what if i wear the t-shirt and some person calls me a pirate?! what then?! but i guess it will be cool to be called a pirate and have an official merchandise! ;D ;) :D

btw, does anyone have a graphic design?!

5. Born2killx

Hmm, how about a T-shirt that says, "You are a pirate."? Simplicity can say a lot about something. ;D

6. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

check the first few pages i did one with seph's sig (which looks best) and one done by winter but if you got an idea create it and upload it for us to look at

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Good one, or how about,

"I am a Pirate because I can!! ;)

8. Born2killx

Heh, you self-proclaim your T-shirt as the best. I think Winterreise's is good because, as I said, simplicity = :).

9. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

I truely like Winter's idea because it blends in well unlike the other one that sorta looks like you just taped a picture on you shirt.

10. Born2killx

I don't think it's a good idea to just stick a sig onto a shirt. It's too square and doesn't blend well.

11. Loonylion

we will request some design ideas in due course.

12. equitypetey

i did it quick for an example
    how about you come up with a better one thats half the point of this post.
    winters has to much writing on it and he was talkin about cost but for it to be cheap you wan't one sided realy.

13. Loonylion

I can do whatever I want for the same cost.

14. equitypetey

i see this thing is fast becoming a popularity contest and no winters is not simple its for of writing and no i did not self proclaim mine as the best i just would like somthing a bit better.
    your ment be made to feel creative and make a better one your self.

a good t-shirt has minimal writing, catches the eye and makes someone think hey whats that about.

here is another example yes EXAMPLE!!!!! it does the job altho it needs a .net after romulation but i'm about as usefull with photoshop as a bucket with holes

[​IMG]

and maybe have the "because we try harder" but under romulation.net

15. Loonylion

That makes two of us :)

16. Born2killx

[​IMG]

17. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

This idea is bloody brilliant! I'd enjoy sporting off one of my favourite sites in the form of fashion. It would be cool to have "RomUlation.net" on the front, and put "Because We Try Harder" on the back.

Downloading roms isn't illegal, as long as you own the actual game. And even if you don't you can still DL them, as long as you delete them within 24 hours. Besides, I'm sure they make shirts all the time that say "I'm a pirate" no one's gonna think twice about it.

18. equitypetey

is anyone good with photoshop??? could you add .net after the romulation as i can't and it needs it also maybe under it put "because we try harder" keeping that bit small.
    if you can thanks.

19. CloudBoy101

I could edit that on Flash MX, the only problem would be the Font for ".Net" I would need the same type of font style "RomUlation" uses.

Wait!!! I could copy the "N" and "T" from RomUlation and just draw the "E" lol, I'll give it a try.

20. CloudBoy101

[​IMG]

Ok, it's not the best job in the world, but you get the point. (The "E" is a little big, thats the best text I could use)

Edited with fireworks BTW.