1. This forum is in read-only mode.

RomUlation is migrating again.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calvin_0, Nov 2, 2010.

1. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Hi Dan,Loonys in a remote location-he lives in the country.Seriously though,its his disability that is the problem-unfortunately.I could see him working remotely for a big Company,but Im presuming that a User with a problem could not phone him,and if their PC is broken,they cant e-mail him either.
    I could probably get him fixed up here,but with the huge rents,grub,entertainment etc,its maybe not worth it.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

phone is out, I'm deaf. There are a number of reasons I want to leave the UK, lack of jobs is one major factor but there are others.

US comes to mind partly because of the difficulty people have obtaining qualifications there (I already have one, so theres less competition for me), they speak english (more or less), they have a good reputation for providing for people with disabilities (in some aspects, for example it is the law that TV programs must have subtitles) and I have friends there, whom I could stay with and would help me find my feet (disabled friends, so we'd support each other). There's also quite a lot going on technology wise, in the US, whereas the UK is almost dead in that field due to the government selling everything off for a fast buck (for themselves, of course)

3. theunderling

Can you get any finances through sponsorship or from the Government here,since it will be one less claimant if your not here.

And how much cash do you think youll need to get the plan in action

4. Loonylion

it depends what means I use to get my permission to work there, and I doubt the government here would give me anything. I'm not in david cameron's good books right now (I wrote him a letter calling him out on his mishandling of the economic recovery/jobs)

5. dedboy

dedboy Guest

You don't say.
    I'll PM you the info Loony. I thought it would be more difficult as I read over it, and to be frank, it isn't.
    But the decision is yours, and yours alone.
    Being that you do have a disability, but being that it's not one that greatly lessens your mobility(hearing I mean), then you can physically travel from A to B.
    Permission..Now that one is actually the easier part.

6. Loonylion

I can't yet drive, but a year or two in the US would fix that (US vehicles are automatic transmission, UK ones are manual and at this point I am not capable of driving a manual vehicle well enough to pass a driving test. I havent found any instructors that teach autos here.) I can walk though.

7. dedboy

dedboy Guest

I meant so long as you're ambulatory, then all is good.
    And getting your license here is no sweat. As I said, I want to make sure the info is all gathered up and good to go, and I will let you know ASAP.
    And we do have driving instructors over here that use sign in their teachings, I should know, I got my license from a deaf driving instructor.
    No Bullshit either.
    I can't sign for shit, but it's something I truly wanted to learn.

8. Loonylion

funnily enough, I don't sign. I talk. If I grow my hair shoulder length there's absolutely no way of telling I'm deaf.

9. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

again? since when did they start?

10. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

Loony come to South Africa. There are so many Asian Engineers here educating the mindless drones of people we have here.

Whenever I see an Asian here he's either driving a Lexus and Audi or a Mazda (In which case he's probably a hair dresser).

Most people here don't even have internet so I'm gonna study networking and IT next year when I'm done woth school.
    Post Merge: [time]1289023022[/time]
    You could probably get into South Africa illegally too.

Statistics say that one third of Zimbabwe is already here.

11. theunderling

South Africa?

LOL,hed be as well signing up with the British Army for a tour in Afghanistan

12. Loonylion

I've been to south africa, its a very nice country but theres a number of things working against it. Extremely high crime rate for one, the tendency to have waves of violent crime directed at white people another. the biggest issue that would impact me day to day, however, is the lack of infrastructure outside of built up areas and the fact that I'd almost be forced to live in a major city such as Jo'burg, Port Elizabeth or Cape Town, and I really can't stand big cities because there's too many people. I have difficulty coping with crowds because of my height.

13. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

How about Canada? Or is it like USA (based on what you said before about getting this and gettting that...)

14. Loonylion

canada requires 1 year's work experience, and if I could get that far I wouldnt need to move.

15. theunderling

Loony,can you not say on your CV that you worked for a Company before.Just pick any one that went bust/closed so they cant check.I used to swap previous employers that I left/got sack from and put down I worked at other places.I think they can only check out things on your tax code for 1 year.

eg:- you worked at Woolworths from 2006-2008 and have been on dole for 2 years

16. Loonylion

no they can check as far back as they like. lying on a CV is a risk because if you get found out its grounds for immediate termination. And of course it would make it even harder to get another job.

17. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

... you can always go to sweden

18. theunderling

Im not sure as I dont know who they can check with.They can look whats on your p45/p60 and do criminal checks etc.Getting the sack or like working a short time then changing job can make it harder to get a job in future.A worker at the job centre told me not to write on my CV that I had been sacked for fighting,but to write something else.
    I know you want to be truthful etc,but its gotten you nowhere so far.My idea is for you to get your foot in the door somewhere and a "creative" CV will help.

19. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

Go to Australia. We'll hang out.

20. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

My friend went there, he lost his job after a while so they sent him back.