1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Romulation Emulator

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Devillan Blade, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

which we don't. And don't get started on the guy attempting the wii emulator, he has no relevant programming experience whatsoever.

2. romz_mark

romz_mark Well-Known Member

hu? ??? i dont really care if we have a wii emulator. i just thought it would be cool for the site to have its own emulator.

3. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

You don't need experience to invent Seph...You need ideas, the base of experience, I know alot of first times who can invent, like me and my little interest in cooking, cooking is basically inventing, if you can cook, most probably, you can invent

4. Loonylion

You need experience to produce a working product in the field of programming.

5. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Well, you do need experience, but who's to say that a first timer can't do it?

6. romz_mark

romz_mark Well-Known Member

its the suggestions board so really it was a suggestion for the site.

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

A lot of people based on a lot of experience. The IT world is ruthless really, your products will be copied in no time and if there's anything to improve on then it'll be done, you really need to make sure there're no bugs, the features and working etc. And in the context of an emulator then we're talking a lot of memory dump analysing and high level maths, memory management and generally low level programming, this is a 5 year education at university that pulls teeth, it's not something you just sit down one evening and decide to do.

8. LioneX

LioneX New Member

It'll be hard because Nintendo has teams of extremely experienced programmers that code the Firmware and Bios. That's what RomUlation doesn't have (I meant the TEAMS okay? I know you guys are good but it needs more than just a small bunch of coders to create their own firmware and Bios right?).
    Also just as Seph and Loony say, It takes years and years of commitment. Something not all people decide to do.

9. Loonylion

a small bunch of experienced coders could feasibly produce a bios and firmware, what is necessary is an intimate knowledge of the hardware you are coding for, which as you can imagine is a closely guarded secret.

10. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

ok hears some emulator tips

for 3d nds roms go with no$gba and change the setting to what ever works beast

now for

ideals

ideals works beast with 2d games with litel to none 3d graphs SOME TIMES and still allways change the setting if it dose not work the first or the 2ed or 3th or 4th.........

eney ways i hope this helps i keep both handy and i don't use eney others

and dos eney one know how to take the admen check off of programs!!!!!!????

11. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

First off, the emulator is called IdeaS, not Ideals. NO$GBA isn't a great emulator for 3d games, it usually has choppy, lost textures and the sound plugins isn't that great. IdeaS doesn't always run games that well, but it's textures are always smooth a really nice looking.

You need to be a little more specific about your question, there's millions of programs in the world, which do you need help with?

12. kingofgamemasters777

programs like google desktop and programs like that that need that admens permission it so enoying

i tryed taking the security tags off with notepad but when i save it as a .exe it keeps going in to a ms-dos format and it dose not work

13. Loonylion

you can't edit an executable in notepad. Generally it is not the program that requires admin privileges, the program makes a system call that requires admin privileges. You might be able to right click on the program and choose 'Run as Administrator', otherwise it is up to the vendor to patch it so it no longer makes privileged system calls.

14. kingofgamemasters777

hmm i thot that by taking out the ''request admen'' part out of the security tag it would work but it still gose in to ms-dos

oh and i used the open part of the note pad and opened the google desktop, or some times i use 7-zip but it uses note pad any way, then i make the modifications and use ''save file as'' and then i save the file as a .exe but it goes in to ms-dos when i open it

15. Loonylion

yes, because your edit corrupted it.

16. kingofgamemasters777

do you know how i can fix it

17. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

he Just said you can't do what you want to, a program need the source code to edit, otherwise you move into cracking which is way above your level.

18. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

You could probably find something that's already cracked though, but that's up to you to find it.

19. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

talking about the wii emulator,

how the heck are we supposed to play wii on our pc? is there a wii controller tthat can be linked to the pc?

20. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You use a Wii-mote and you need a bluetooth device and a program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.