1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Rom release dates? Quick Noob Question...

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by sspark7413, Jun 18, 2008.

1. sspark7413

sspark7413 Member

Hi. I'm kind of new to Roms, and I was wondering....
    How come some Roms come out on the same day as the release and others come out like a week or two later?
    Does it have to do with the popularity of the game? or does it depend on the developer and the software they used? (meaning certain games are easier to dump?

How does one "dump a game"? I'm just asking because I buy a lot of the new releases the day or the day after they come out b/c I can't wait for the ROM, and I see that the ROM isn't available online yet. So I was wondering if I could help "dump" a game...

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

No, some ROMs aren't harder to dump or easier to dump, they're all the same. Sometimes ROMs come out within a week of their release date or even later. They don't dump all the roms as soon as it is released as the dumpers have lives and aren't robots waiting for the next game to be released. You need a NDS linker or dumper device (google) to dump ROMs. I wouldn't recommend doing it though, a waste of money when you can just wait a bit for someone else to do it.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Most slot 2l flash carts are capable of dumping ROMs either using wifi or by simply storing it on the disk (me think) I'll do some more research when I get some time. You could also google for "NDS backup tools" for more info.

4. 4ds

4ds Well-Known Member

not sure about the details but i read about the rom dumping somewhere you need a wireless router or the nintendo usb thing so the ds can connect to the computer after that activate the wi-fi to start dumping(note dont ask me about the details like i say i read about it somewhere thats all lol)^_^

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yeah there's Rudolph which can dump a Slot 1 ROM to a Slot 2 flashcart.

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

4ds is correct though, you can dump via wifi if you only have a slot 1 cart, takes a wee bit of time though.