1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Right to hang clothes outside to dry

Discussion in 'General News' started by damanali, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

This is crazy!! What do they think we did befor the inventon of the dryer?? It saves money and its good for the environment so why dont they just let her?? From the looks of the pic shes doing it in her front lawn but who cares?? Its her property!! She can do what ever she wants to it!! I cant beleve some people care so much about what they see ouside of their window....

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

reminds me of our neighbour who demanded dad take some of our trees down because they were blocking the sun and stopping her from sunbathing in her garden. She overlooked two things: 1) she doesnt have a garden because she had it covered in concrete and 2) those trees only block the sun at 3AM. My dad isn't stupid.

3. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

i think its a typo but i am really curious, is the sun already up at 3am in the UK? i heard that the UK is the country the the sun never sets but its a bit early for a 3am....

here, the sunrise is at 5-6 am and thats the best time to wash your clothes and hang it to get the entire day drying and at night, its good for ironing

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

In the summer its starting to rise around then.

5. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

lol Here in Hawaii it's the opposite Loonylion. People move over here & bulldoze their whole 2 or 3 acre lot, destroying all the beautiful, natural, thousands of years in the making forest... all to get nothing except a view of the road, their neighbors house & an ugly yard covered up in gravel. @_@ I sort of wish there were a law to protect the forest from the retards that buy over here & are too lazy/dumb to hand clear it.

6. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i can hang whatever i want in my house...... even myself.

7. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

I have one very good example. Go to the Philippines-any town or province will do- and check the first house you see. I'll bet that they will have clothes lines all over their backyard! Almost everyone in my country hang their clothes outside to dry! Most Filipinos consider dryers to be a useless and frivolous appliance. Nearly half of the year the climate is dry and sunny and hanging clothes is the easiest and most energy efficient way to dry them off. Maybe it's just me but i really don't get why they are all acting up over an insignificant event like this.

8. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

Since my country has tropical season , so usually I dry the clothes ouside, and sometimes work, well after that you need to iron it :)

9. Aiiko

Aiiko Well-Known Member

My mummy does my washing >.> *cough*

Anyway, we usually hang stuff out to dry if the weather isn't too bad although sometimes we dry stuff inside if the weather is bad or difficult to gauge. Towels, bedding and jeans go in the dryer. Sometimes I wonder if it can inconvenience people-we used to live in a place with no neigbours at the back so no one could see my undies. But our new house has a lot of neighbours. Mainly I'm scared in case somewhere jumps into the yard (I miss the garden ;_;) and takes something...then again I'm a paranoid freak half the time.

Does anyone else find it immature how her underwear is referred to as "unmentionables"? We're not in the 40s anymore. If she has nowhere else to hang her laundry then they shouldn't dictate to her what she does. And I can't believe how people can be banned from using clotheslines. It seems like we're reverting back to 1920s sometimes. Oh my God-musn't let my ankles show!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.