1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Reproduction : A blessing or a bane?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by clyffe28, May 20, 2008.

1. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

The population in the Philippines is one of the fastest growing reputations in the world, with a total of about 84 million. It has been predicted that this patter of growth will soon arise to a population of about 100 million by the year 2012. With this rapid growth of population, we see people crowding the sidewalks , schools and streets. This is observed even in small towns, rural areas, and in the cities. Unemployment, insuficient health services and medicine, poor quality education and equipment are among the problems associated with over population.

After you read the information I have stated above, its now your turn to decide, is Reproduction : A blessing or a bane?

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

what the world really need is law like those in china, each family can only have 2 child.

3. clyffe28

But wouldnt it be very bad if you just abort the babies coming after the two children

4. calvin_0

no, just ask the wife to tie the tubes or the husband to get a Vasectomy...problem solve.

5. clyffe28

its very possible but many of the males do not want to undergo vasectomy because they think it lessens their manly aspect

6. calvin_0

well those arent a problem once the contry enforce the child limitation law, I bet most of those small minded male would take vasectomy over being put into a jail.

so like i said, the world need Child Limitation Law like those in china....IF you are being discover to have more then the allow number, into the jail you go.

Edit: BTW i dont know what they do with people who break the child limitation law in china...i just asume they got throw into the jail.....it might get worst....

7. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

In the Philippines, A two child law cannot be instated, due to the massive amount of Christians(And Branches) living there.

Ever since the Spanish "Christianized" the Philippines, the idea of that has been abolished

Remember that Biblical term: "Go Forth and Multiply"

Alot of people will be powered by only that, and most likely, corruption will be messing up the population as well.

Another flaw in this, is that you only have to pay extra, wouldn't that put our poverty (The ones with the most children) Further in debt? and remember that Filipinos love family.

I am in favor of this law, but I'm not sure about everyone else.

8. clyffe28

Inforcing a two child policy is good but its better to kick those foreign people out of Filipino lands in order to have more space for the people to live in ;D

9. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

....Watch it man, I'm from the US, and I live over in the Philippines, but my parents are from here...

10. clyffe28

I mean those companies who exploit the natural resources

11. calvin_0

well so whats "god" going to do when the world is over propulated and everyone is sarving to death due to not enough food supply? Nothing...."god" arent going to do a god damn a thing about that problem......us human is the one who need to solve that problem......

so anything the bible said doesnt always apply.

12. clyffe28

I agree that sayings in the Bible do not always apply but Religion is a powerful thing and people belive those so its really no use talking to them about it

13. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

it applies to a country wherein Christanity surpasses all others...

14. calvin_0

religon is so overrated this day, not only they make people stupid (only apply to those who follow the teaching blindly), they also stand in the way of our scientific advancement. It look like we need to kill every religion to get anything done.....

edit: this also reminded me of Episode, God go, God of South Park XD

15. clyffe28

Even if the country is a full Christian country, they still do something that violates the laws right then the bible really does contribute very little to the rapid growth of population

16. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

you do know that overpopulation is a myth in the philippines :| our population density isn't that great compared to japan, singapore and some areas in china and etc so overpopulation is just a convinient excuse for our problems within the country which is basically the fault of the government for failing to build better infastructure and properly fund programs to develop the country and its citizens

17. clyffe28

Maybe the government does not make our lives easier but having less children makes your life easier than having 12 children of yours to feed every day

18. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

That law is in India, in China people can only have one single child.

True. Jesus said '' The Woman must obey to the Man.''. I'm a man, and I think that's stupid. However, my grandma and those older people who always loved and worshiped God a lot will think I am the stupid one.

True, also. That's why I support those guys who were killed by the Church in the Middle Age. They thought God was kinda bullshit, and those guys made the world advance. I haven't seen any pope inventing anything that is truly helpful to the world. They only talk ''Peace, peace'', ''Help the poor people''. But they are hell rich.

19. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

not really, if we had a system like lets say Canada or in some sense the US it could work, public schools are almost at par or at par with private schools, students can take loans for their tuition etc. free medical (canada) etc.

sad thing here is that the people having 12 kids shouldn't be having 12 kids in the first place :( if you're part of the elite and upper middle class sure go on ahead no one would mind, but if the person's cannont possibly take care of 12 kids and still has them, that's plain retarded

Overpopulation is caused because the masses more than 70% of the country don't have access to entertainment and by just sitting on their asses all day/night they just do what comes natural when a boy and a girl are together and have nothing to do :p

of course reproduction is a blessing can't imagine living w/o it XD

I guess ARMM (Autonimous Region for Muslim Mindanao) exists for a reason eh

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Yes reproduction is a blessing as it is the ultimate fruit of a man & woman's unison, it only becomes bad or unwanted when there is no stern controls forced by the family unit, the man & woman, even without contraceptives a couple can enjoy some "lovin'' by using rhythm method, knowing when the woman is fertile & not & "bangin" when she isn't ovulating.

But this isn't 100% safe, so I really support contraception, the Philippines should really enforce this & not listen to the hypocrete church.

As for abortion, I only support this for "putting down" infants with obvious defects, such as myself. Instead of letting a differently abled person to go through the hardships of life, constantly being mistreated & given little attention, why not kill them before or after birth, just like ants & bees, a badly developing larvae is killed as it will be useless to the hive.