1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Regular vs. Premium Users

Discussion in 'Rants' started by damanali, May 3, 2009.

1. GlidingGoose

GlidingGoose Well-Known Member

You probably find more uses who "are the rude, sons-of-bitches, without ethics, the one that says "this is the stupidiest
    post ever", the one "like who's talking shit without noticing their own shits....."
    because a big percentage of users are regular.

But no, i havent seen an annoying premium.

2. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Yeah, nice job ranting. You also resurrected a dead thread in this process. Good job!

Stand tall damanali! Stand up tall and proud like the very role model member you are that always follows the rules and corrects other users. Oh wait...

3. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

well at least, i posted in the right section. doesnt start a flame like somebody i know. DONT give names or point to somebody's name, and well, this is MY thread. I have every right to post in MY thread, about the SAME topic.
    Its NOT SPAM, and NOT being a ASSHOLE about it.

And Oh wait, i think the ABOVE post is OFF-TOPIC. hmmm... broken another rule. i dont get why no action is given to that... oh wait, maybe your a PREMIUM MEMBER, sorry sir, I forgot, you are the backbone of the site.. or better yet, maybe your a mod or administrator to the site and just using another account to disguise yourself. SO SORRY SIR. hmmm... oh well, i doesnt matter anyway..

4. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

I'd expect that premium members are generally more respectful simply because they're typically old enough to have the money to donate in the first place. In other words, they're experienced enough to know that bad behaviour (usually) won't get you anywhere in real life, so that knowledge just carries across to the internet.

Of course, age isn't the only factor, it's just one of the more obvious ones.

EDIT: Oh, and the way you're behaving now is kinda hypocritical =/

5. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

yeah, sorry for that. thats why its a rant. its against my philosophy and way of thinking. just need to let it out so it will not affect anything else. or make it worse

6. GlidingGoose

Well said tehuber

7. cooper_06

cooper_06 Member

Yeah, except there are exceptions to the rules, I know people who are maybe 15-17 years old that still know that acting like a jerk will get you nothing but a black eye, so they usually try not to make problems for others.

Anyways, there are also those users who don't pay, and still treat the site respectfully because they know they can't win with bad behavior, but some don't voice their opinion enough to be heard.

8. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Well yeah, hence the use of the words "generally", "typically", "usually" and so on.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I would pay...but it will be pointless-my net speed is capped and thus won't get me anything other than a fancy title.

Until that is fixed I'll just buy a t-shirt and well wish the site.

10. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

regular users mostly get the upper hand, but having to pay 20 bucks for shazzle and glam is a bit over rated

11. GlidingGoose

Thanks for bumping a dead topic...

12. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

It isn't dead, as you can see, some of the members are still discussing about the topic.
    -At least he posted something relevant to the thread.

13. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever seen a premium member on here :eek:, let alone a disrespectful one! Maybe I'm blind and can't see where the 'Premium Member' is written. :(

14. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

They're the ones with green stars, the same with the mods. Or do you mean on this thread?

15. gaynorvader

No, I just didn't realise how to recognise them. Someone said they had 'premium member' under their name which confused me!

16. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they do.

17. GlidingGoose

So far, i have only seen about 2-3!

Looney, How many premiums are there?

18. gaynorvader

Then I honestly haven't seen one, or maybe just didn't notice since it's the content of the post that's important for me, not who is posting it.

19. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

Beautifully put.
    If A member with 2 posts who has no premium membership could come here and make an awe inspiring speech, I would judge it the same way that I would if it was said by Seph or loony*
    (Heh, look at me, flashing off big names, eh?)

* May or may not be true, I cannot be held liable for what I post
    Ps: Plz don't ban me might admins of power.

20. GideonB

GideonB Well-Known Member

Honestly, I have been a premium user for Romulation and now I'm a regular non-paying user, but just because someone donates money to Romulation doesn't mean that there not Dickheads, it all generally is the personality of the person, and I still hold people in high regard unless they prove themselves to be nothing more than a 12-year old halo addict that can't shut their ****ing mouth over Xbox Live about how there trying to act "cool" and anyways when does premium users make people seem quieter and such even though it's based on what people post and how they act in these posts, instead of if they pay or not.