1. This forum is in read-only mode.

red rings of death

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by hlw_rocer, Nov 28, 2009.

1. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Ya... Microsoft made it hard for the user to go buy a cheaper HDD and put it in themselves. That way they get your money :)

(Not hating on Microsoft, I love my 360. But it's true, they charge outrageous prices for the accessories.)

2. Gray51

Gray51 New Member

when i got red ring i just turned it off by the power and it worked fine after that.

3. bobafett1136

bobafett1136 Well-Known Member

If it's ONE red ring, it means that the xbox has overheated.

4. agxthesorrow

agxthesorrow Well-Known Member

if i were you i wouldn't bother to fix that piece of garbage instead i prefer to buy a ps3...

5. tonyc21

tonyc21 Member

How to fix it depends on the error code. E73-4 can be fixed with a heat plate to replace the original x-shaped warped heat plate thing.(i forget the technical term)

6. Buppazugan

Buppazugan Well-Known Member

The towel trick is VERY useful if you want to trade in a broken Xbox 360... They will test it out and it will work for them so they won't suspect a thing. My last BROKEN OUT OF WARRANTY XBOX got me a sweet £100 of a brand spanking new and improved HDMI falcon chipset xbox 360 :p

7. AstroGod

AstroGod Well-Known Member

althogh it may not seem like it its best you call microsoft

8. scottg1990

scottg1990 Well-Known Member

typical useless microsoft for you! Go for a PS3! way better then the xbox

9. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

there IS a way to fix it than just spending $200 on microsoft to fix it for you. you'll be using $20 but at least it saves you $180.

10. knightof3

knightof3 Well-Known Member

i doubt it. i thought that when the ring comes up it means the shitty glue they used to build the 360 melts and ruins the system. thats wat i heard dont beat me up if im wrong

And for those of you who say to get a ps3 they have the yellow light of doom or watever

11. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

oh you bet there is a fix! it worked for my brother before.

12. ChangeJD

ChangeJD Well-Known Member

The RROD means that one of many problems could be affecting your Xbox, so it is best to just send it in to Microsoft.