1. This forum is in read-only mode.

red ring of death again!!

Discussion in 'Rants' started by msg2009, Apr 21, 2010.

1. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

I would argue that while the PS3 may be expensive, it is not overpriced. It's what, around $100 more than the 360? And you get a wireless card, plug and play controllers, blu ray player, (much) more powerful processor, free online play, compatibility with almost any hardware you can plug into a USB port and full HD support. If anything I'd call it good value, of course you could make the argument that a person might not want all these extras.

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

its just the cost thats kept me away before now, im sick of things breaking though.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

WE HAVE COOKIES!

$100 on controllers, $40 for a dvd remote, and games these days are a tad much (wii is the cheapest of course :) )...the console price NOW is worth it if you want a decent blue ray player.

If your not gonna use blueray then unless you want the console badly, it could be wasteful.

I know the bad points of a console I own...because I like picking on what I own.

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

cookies?
    im in :)

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

They are $2 each with every game you buy, money goes straight to sony to fund anti piracy technology.

oh, and they are Raisen cookies, chocolates one are $4, they fund the pro piracy movement on ps3's :)

6. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

That's the same price as 360 controllers and about half the price of Wii controllers. You don't need the dvd remote, the controller works fine. Games are more expensive than Wii games, but they are, like 360 games, generally of a higher quality. The console is worth buying if you want a games console with the points I'd mentioned in my above post too.

7. omgwtfitzben

omgwtfitzben Well-Known Member

I've had my 360 for 4 years, only had RROD once, and it's been fine since. PS3's been solid too. All my friends have had RROD once in their experience, doesn't really bother me that much. I didn't have my 360 for a couple weeks, but I had a chance to do other things. I don't see how people get RROD so much, you have to take care of it. I noticed people who get RROD are the people who just let their 360 sit there or treat it like it's a stuffed animal or something. I take mine to friend's houses, unplug the power supply when I'm done, etc. If you don't want red ring, take care of it. That's just my point of view, unless you're just very unlucky and it happens.

8. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Hmm...that's the fear I am getting but I still went ahead and got the Xbox 360 but it's a Jasper set. I wouldn't play it straight for 5 hours non stop, maybe stop at 2 to 3 hours tops then rest for half an hour or more and start playing again. I keep it as airy as possible, pushing everything out of the way. Someone in this forum suggested using a coolerpad but when I touched my console after 3 hours of play, it was still cool, except the disc inside felt hot. Don't know if that's okay or not but hopefully I don't get the RROD....I'll be crying my heads out:( if that happened

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

$70 for 360 controllers, and at least I can get 360 controllers second hand ($25 for mine :p ).

The dvd remote is good for the family, and because I get confused as to which button is which on the pad...it'd help.

As for wii games and your other points you are indeed correct

10. omgwtfitzben

omgwtfitzben Well-Known Member

I live in Oregon so there isn't any sales tax. Wired controllers for $39.99 and wireless for $49.99.

Games are $29.99-59.99.

:)