1. This forum is in read-only mode.

red ring of death again!!

Discussion in 'Rants' started by msg2009, Apr 21, 2010.

1. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

stupid f*****g microsoft useless c***s!
    2nd time ive had the red ring of death since october
    im getting annoyed because its a hassle taking the heap of s**t back to the shop
    im just glad its still under warranty

Oi Bill! i demand a better console next time or thats the last time i buy a microsoft product

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I believe that the 2 big consoles have more issues...it's all that power and the rush to get them out.

MY first ps3 (an 80gb) kept freezing, and I know it wasn't online activity at fault...it was the stupid system dying.

Got it swapped and I found out why, the system kept overheating, and the new(ish) slim was far better...

Except my room is 10degrees hotter than what it was, the slim is blowing out that much hot air, it's not funny, good thing it hasn't froze...but sitting in boxxers while playing on a 10degree day really scares my parents :(

And everyone I know has had to dealt with a red ring at some point, but I thought they fixed the constant red rings by now?

3. msg2009

nope their not fixed yet.
    i do play rather a lot...and it has been the hottest day of the year so far today, somethings melted in there :(
    ah well 1 month left on the warranty, a nice new shiny one will last a while longer

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I play 5 hours a day on week days, if I had a 360 in this damn rom it wouldn't last a week!

Hot enough before I got the ps3 :(

5. msg2009

ps3 is sounding good right now

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Get a slim, brand new if you can.

I got mine second hand, so far so good...

It's the warrenty you'd want though, for me it's a case of being a tight arse with funds, in the end I had to pay more than wanted...and due to a forum incident *COUGH*BLACK-KNIGHT*COUGH* I missed out on a $300AUD slim with batman gothan aslyum.

I hate people stringing me around....grr...

Oh well, I'm happy...

..though i will say, my wii, despite not being used as much, is still the strongest console, at least that didn't raise the room temperature!

7. msg2009

my wii gets used once a month if its lucky :)
    replace this heap of shite tomorrow on warranty then buy a ps3 next payday i think.
    next time i get rrod thats it as far as the 360 goes, in the bin with it

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I've never had an issue with my PS3 (60GB fat), it does put out a fair amount of heat but I imagine its less of an issue in the UK because our climate is more temperate than australia.

with regards to the rrod for the 360, I believe they improved the consoles so the rrod was less frequent, but they never stopped it occuring entirely.

9. jamesdond1

jamesdond1 Member

Yeah, I had the elite and it got the RROD. After that I sold it (after it was fixed) and got a PS3, so far, nothing's wrong. This was about 2 years ago and it's still going. Everyone I know that has a 360 has had it break down on them. Only 1 person I know has had his PS3 break down on him, and it's only because he dropped it.

10. finalmario

finalmario Well-Known Member

Ive had the RROD seveal times.Thats why i just get 360's on Ebay.Sure,getting them used from ebay is a better chance of getting the RROD,but you can find them cheap and not for 200-300 dollors.Luckly,i finialy found a good one.

11. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Our 360 RRODed a year ago, we sent it to microsoft, got it back ,a year later and it's still fine, no RROD yet

12. msg2009

nice new shiny xbox, this one has different slots on the back to my old one, hopefully it will last longer.
    broke it already though, the flap for where the controllers plug in has stopped shutting already, i only moved the stupid thing once!
    cheap arse microsoft

13. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Someone did an independent stress test on the PS3, they ran out of time, it didn't break. The 360 is one of the worst designed piece of hardware to be released commercially. The Wii never gets used enough to fail like the 360 and ps3 do.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Melbourne is normally quite cold...

It's strange, the 80gb I had kept overheating...I knew because after 2 hours on the ps3, my room would be that hot I had to be in nothing but shorts...when I left my room though I got cold...10 degree night and it was raining, and somehow my room got that hot :(

Yes, sounds about right :p

Sell the busted thing on ebay and see what you get :p

15. gaynorvader

Wait, you thought that because the PS3 was outputting a lot of heat it was overheating?! It's supposed to output lots of heat, that's how it keeps its interior cool.

16. msg2009

i thought gaynorvader would be along soon to tell me how good the ps3 is :p
    lol, im going to get one next payday, you never know i might like them

17. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

my fat ps3 never breaks down only reformatted it once in 2 years might crash once a month

18. gaynorvader

Damn straight! lol! tbh, I think it's the best of the consoles out at the moment. I didn't even buy one until the price dropped a bit (about a year ago). I still think the PC is the best platform for games

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It has exhaust ports, i felt the heat coming out...it was alot hotter than what I'v been using (but even my dust clogged gamecube never had any issues).

And while I gave it 10cm to the exhaust side, the fact is my room doesn't ventilate room well, room temperature was hot enough BEFORE I GOT the ps3, let alone when i had it...

My guess, all the heat coming out built up, causing it to freeze (one time it froze 5 times in less than an hour-and I mean the type where a system shut down is needed).

The slim i now have is doing much better, though I must say...

Never has my hair been so dry after a shower (MORE heat comes outta this thing-yet it hasn't froze....very much surprised...guess the design of the fat's isn't compatible with...my room...)

And here is my opinion.

360-defective on arrival

Ps3-lots of games yet over priced...unless your like me and somehow get 13 games in less than 4 months

Wii-durable, and if not for lack of decent games currently I would have stuck to it

20. msg2009

i can feel myself falling to the dark side...