1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Recommend Me Games

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by LuckyTrouble77, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Ravte

Ravte Well-Known Member

I've only played actively for 1 year and I'm already running out of decent games, maybe the library isn't just not that big in the end?

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Pretty much. I've been playing through the list of good DS games for over a year now and the numbers were already low. DS games are separated into four categories for me:

- Worth playing and beating
    - Worth playing for awhile, but not really worth going all the way through
    - Good, but just not fun for me
    - Shovelware

Most of what I consider actually worth playing ends up in the second category. I find very very few DS games worth the time required to play and beat it. Generally story elements aren't engaging enough. The battle system is too simplistic and uninvolved. Or just overall repetitiveness with little incentive to keep playing. The most recent games I've played start to finish, in order:

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
    Dragon Quest IX (in July of 2010)

I'm picky about the quality of my games. There is no reason every DS game released shouldn't be able to meet the standards that the above two games have managed to. The DS is capable of amazing things, but developers are locked into that damned safety zone and won't try anything new.

tl;dr - Developers are lazy and there are few amazing DS games anymore. Many amazing ones just don't get an English release, and translations take so long that there is little point in anticipating them, fan and official alike. I'm still looking for a good suggestion to really get me going again. Soma Bringer is interesting, but it plays too much like the generic Phantasy Star Zero. I already burned too much time playing one meh action RPG. Not gonna spend my time playing another.

3. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Wait for Okamiden so you can play that while you wait for Skyward Sword.

Problem solved.

4. rockerzz182

rockerzz182 Well-Known Member

Try Lost in Blue 2

5. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

All FF series (FF III, FF IV, FF XII Revenant Wings, FFCC Series (ring of Fate n Echoes of Time), FF TA)
    All Pokemon series (Diamon/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/Soul Silver/Black/White)
    Soma Bringer
    Sands of Destruction
    Legend of Zelda Series
    Suikoden Trierkeris
    Disgaea - The Hour of Darkness
    Blue Dragon - Awakened Shadow
    Megaman Series
    Luminous Arc
    Phantasy Star Zero
    Ragnarok DS

I know a lot of it is RPG turn-based,,,, that's classic RPG though, hope you like it,,,

6. I'm kind of in the same situation you're in but I'm even more picky about what I consider worth playing and beating...I actually got bored of golden sun after a few hours...

But somehow I've really gotten into inazuma eleven...it's a soccer rpg/strategy game but it's selling point is the unique anime style action thrown into the special attacks. It really catches you off guard for the first time, then suddenly the game becomes playable.

But from the naked eye it's probably instantly what you guys would call shovelware I guess.

Also your name sounds familiar...you've never played PSU before have you? e_e

7. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

I am enjoying very much on Inazuma Eleven. It's a really unique hybrid of RPG and Sports. Everything is excellent. Music, Graphics (cel-shaded as expected from Level-5), Gameplay, and story. The story may be a bit straightforward but the rewards on every event is satisfying.

I hope I could get to battle one of you on wi-fi. You should try it out. :)

8. LuckyTrouble77

I went ahead and replied in the quote with bolded statements as to make it easier on myself. Sadly, there is nothing really new or unheard of in that list.

As for Inazuma Eleven: I just couldn't get myself interested. I tried and tried. I played it, made the big download, everything. Just no good for me. I never have been one for sports games of any kind though.

9. Reme

Reme Well-Known Member

to me Inazuma eleven was horrid...sorry but just...horrid

I would Recommend Digimon World (dusk, dawn, or plain doesnt matter) but the battles are on the plain are far to slow so id go with dawn or dusk if i was going to play it. its kinda fun tho u might not play it till u beat it

Saga 2 (they just finished a translation patch for it a while ago) is a remake of an older game and its pretty decent (far too random for me but decent still)

Glory of Heracles is intertaining and somewhat fun (not very challenging tho for me)

Rune Factory 3 is pretty fun to play (i know you said u didnt like RF's or any other Harvest moonish game but its still fun)

for an older game thats kinda fun try the GBA games Summon Night Swordcraft Story both 1 and 2

also Luminous Arc 2 is a bit faster paced than the first one (and it has Pip and his amazing accent)

10. madcrazy2ks

madcrazy2ks Member

I recommend the original puzzlequest: Challenge of the warlords.
    Then i recommend Might and Magic: Clash of heroes/

These 2 games are great, and is a combo of RPG and Puzzle. The puzzle elements are very very good, and the light RPG elements are simple, but interesting. People ignore m and m clash of heroes a lot for some reason, even thou its great.

If for some reason you liked tales of innocence, then try tales of heart, imo, a better tales game.

11. bikeboy99

bikeboy99 Well-Known Member

Might as well chuck it out there, Moon, Its an FPS, Actually a fairly decent story line, Controls, Enemies, Weapons the lot i like it, Dunno if you will, Give it a go

12. LuckyTrouble77

I played most of Moon but got stuck pretty far in with one of the timed objectives. I found it to be less engaging and fun than Dementium 2, by the same developers. It just got a little repetitive, as no zone differed too much from the last.