1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Re: Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside story USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by xlaw888, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granville

granville Well-Known Member

According to him, it seems to be a private beta. So few people can access it. I don't have an AK2 anyways. But if you use AKAIO, you might be able to get the game to boot with the Xenophobia patcher.

2. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Active Member

Yeah, if I have to wait for Finalmario to make one that works right on an AK2i, I will. Thanks for all your hard work on that, FM.

3. GilKFC

GilKFC New Member

Same problem here mate, and so far, no solution
    we just have to be patient. finalmario's patch should work fine when its done. ;)

4. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Active Member

Well you just do your thing man, we'll handle the forum front. :)

We appreciate your help with this.

5. finalmario

finalmario Well-Known Member

well guys, its going slow but the good news is,there is alot of progress.

theres more piracy checks than i thought. WAY more than the japanese!

6. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Active Member

haha. How many have you found so far?

Also, do you know what they do, just out of curiousity? Like Mother 3 has ones that spawn tons of enemies and at the end, it wipes your saves before the final battle.

If not though, no big d, don't bother looking. Just an offhand question. :)
    Post Merge: [time]1252715718[/time]
    He is removing the checks from the ROM entirely. So yes, nobody will have any problems at all, so he says.

7. finalmario

and whoever made this thread,can you do me a favor?

if you could,edit the first post and put that there is a patch in progress so nobody else will keep asking. thanks.

and these piracy checks just freeze the game and stuff. thats all these are. thats all most are

8. Nintendude92

Nintendude92 Well-Known Member

I confirm this to work on DSi 1.4u

9. ninernut81

ninernut81 New Member

The xenophobia patch DOES WORK with Supercard DS One. Uncheck the 'enable patch' box in game settings and you're good to go....

10. jv0577

jv0577 New Member

I got it finally working for the EDGE card...
    I just followed xlaw's instructions... thx man

11. spamexp

spamexp Member

Dude, try it with this AR code on then.
    52064138 E1A00005
    5206413C E28DDE22
    02064138 E3A00001
    D0000000 00000000
    D0000000 00000000
    I could press the buttons after I turned it on. Only problem was that it wen to a blank screen after that, but I assume that's the anti-piracy stuff.

12. Firefrog

Firefrog Member

Hm... I know its a bit far-fetched but, maybe try comparing some of the hexes the patched (XPA Patch) version of the rom has, I'm sure it won't be too hard. (besides checking for which changed hexes fix that :-X)

13. taezou

taezou New Member

Oh, my post is gone. I was going to quote myself and say that anybody who was having trouble getting the game to work on Cyclo 1.55, try 1.41 (with the code, of course). It worked for me when nothing else would. :eek:

14. granville

I've managed to get the rom working on Supercard DS-One (latest firmware). Past the game selection at least. I created a .scc file for you guys to use-

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zjujtrnizj3

Download and put in the same folder as the Mario & Luigi 3 US rom. MAKE SURE THE TWO FILES ARE NAMED THE SAME EXCEPT FOR THE EXTENSION. Example-

Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story.nds
    Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story.scc

I had the following options checked in the game menu before boot-

Enable Patch
    Patch Speed
    Enable Cheat -VERY IMPORTANT
    Patch Saver
    Enable Reset

Boot the game and enable the cheat on boot. It should now get past the file selection menu. THIS WAS DONE USING A CLEAN NON PATCHED MARIO ROM.

I can confirm it gets past the file selection screen (you can now move the cursor there and select a game). Not played any other parts but part of the intro yet.

All credit goes to Normmatt. He made the cheat, I just compiled it.

15. XxXChrisGXxX

XxXChrisGXxX New Member

Ok listen up, M&L BIS does not work for the R4 currently. The file either freezes at the save selection screen, or goes blank directly after that with the patch and or AR cheat codes. I have tested this myself, and if Final is saying he cannot bypass the buttons from being "unstuck" I'm sorry but I highly doubt you actually know what you are talking about when it comes to hex editing. Now I am not bashing you I am just refering to what I have experienced with this game so far and it seems we all have gotten as far as you have. On another note I'm sure someone on gbatemp or elsewhere will get a working patch going for R4 so quit spamming the forums and respect the moderator.

16. aurox

aurox New Member

the mediafire link you gave is empty...

17. granville

Fixed the link- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zjujtrnizj3

18. finalmario

IM TRYING MY HARDEST NOBODY IS PERFECT YOU KNOW.

please just let me get some rest and wait till tomorrow to do more? .-.

19. spamexp

spamexp Member

Final, would you mind posting what you have so far? In case someone can work off what you have so far?

20. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

go ahead, i think everyone will survive the night without mario

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.