1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Re: Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside story USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by xlaw888, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miaow1988

miaow1988 New Member

well, thats good news. i hope the guys working on this wont faint on exhaustion, keep up the good work, everyone!

2. N3o3k7

N3o3k7 Well-Known Member

wish i knew how to fix roms would be great although id probly die from all the pressure people give, cant wait to play the game id proberly have brought it by now if it was out here :(

3. dark_saru

dark_saru Well-Known Member

That's definitely good news! keep up the good work and hope to see that patch soon! :D

But just a question, if I didn't install YSmenu will I still be able to play the game (I have R4 btw)? because I had many difficulties installing YSmenu and it was so much frustrating unless someone can help me out :)

4. qwerty09

qwerty09 Member

i dont think that you will be able to play this without ysmenu, i think i read someware that the japenese version does not work with r4 official firmware but im nt sure

its best to have ysmenu as future games will not work with the official firmware

5. dark_saru

ouch XD installing ysmenu was a pain lol, I followed a couple of guides, none worked for me :(

6. Leo99999

Leo99999 Active Member

YSMenu is supposed to be great, but cheats wouldn't work at all for me! :S

Sticking to good old dependable 1.18 for now! :D

Just hoping that nobody finds out who is making the patch, because if they are found out, they will have no peace for the next week or so

7. rbassous

rbassous New Member

I don’t think you will be able to play anyway ,
    the patch usually comes out in the first 2 days following the rom release , it wont take the time and work ur imagining , it neither happening or not , that’s it , there is nothing on the way , its nearly 5 days now , so i think u should give up like i did .
    The day when the R4 / M3 will stop suporting games was coming sooner or later u know , it just happens to come this week and with this game .
    sorry

8. dark_saru

lol, I hope I don't need YSmenu for it XD oh and btw, there is 1.23 firmware I updated to it and it's working fine, so I don't know if it will help XD

I found it on this site http://www.r4li.com/

9. Leo99999

Leo99999 Active Member

Have you not read a word granville posted. There is a patch being made RIGHT NOW. It's almost done, and is being tested for compatibility on all flashcarts

10. rbassous

rbassous New Member

well havent u been reading the ds forums all over the internet ? its full of crap
    i've been reading this news since last week now , nothing new

11. Leo99999

Leo99999 Active Member

Not really, most of those have been "help me"

Besides, you should trust granville, he has worked/been affiliated with cheat coding for a while now, and knows a lot of ppl who can probably get this game working

12. qwerty09

qwerty09 Member

your cheat problem is because ysmenu doesnt use cheats for r4 it uses dstt cheats (usercheat.dat) which can be found here http://cheats.gbatemp.net/ and Do Not Use 1.23 firmware its is not for R4 its for clones

13. dark_saru

Oh okay, I will get back to 1.18 then, thanks :D

14. Motelish

Motelish New Member

On my r4i, it starts and shows the title screen, but doesn't actually start the game.

15. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

so glad to hear about a patch/code being tested and could possibly work for most flash cards. can't wait for it to be released. Its been days since the game was uploaded and finally, hopefully this solution will be better than the others. I'm using Edge and i have the same problems with the others who cant get through the save file with the patch and codes previously released.

16. qwerty09

qwerty09 Member

ysmenu uses usercheat.dat it doesnt use r4 cheats they can be found here http://cheats.gbatemp.net/

17. Thrust

Thrust Member

Posting about waiting for it isn't gonna make it come any faster, just let it be guys it will be done when it's done. You've waited this long another few hours or another day wont kill you, plus the site JUST got back up.

18. ok so I hate to say it as it seems most of the work has already been done for me, but I still can't seem to to understand what to do here whether I follow your instructions or just do the download. I seem to be on the right track but can't make the connections, I guess.

From my computer I open the r4cce.086 then open cheat.dat that i downloaded. I can clearly see rom number 4162 at the bottom of the list with all the necessary coding done. Do I need cheat.dat on the root of my card? Do I need to run r4cce from my DS? I've tried everything I can think of.. With r4cce on the root of my card, it doesnt show up anywhere to select cheats, or some such thing.

What part of the process am I missing?

19. keith101

keith101 Active Member

can anyone make a patch for ez flash vi cause when i select a file it freezes on me and same for mini ninjas

20. hello2129

hello2129 Member

I have posted the answer to this already. It doesnt need patching. 2.0 RC4 and RC5 work fine with it. I would use RC4 though, because it lets you play Scribblenaughts too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.