1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Re: Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside story USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by xlaw888, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meminpanda

meminpanda Well-Known Member

erm nope D:

2. lovelove

lovelove Member

hi well you guys are so desp for this one ha ha

3. Sythian

Sythian Well-Known Member

Got a little issue for you guys, not quite sure it's related to the Piracy though.

I'm using SuperCard DSONE with latest firmware on the classic NDS, and I'd used the patch and fixed it all up and had the game running perfectly fine and was enjoying it. I made sure to run tests on save points and attempt saving to make sure it was retaining my save file after i turned off the DS and powered it back on again.

However when I went to load my save file this morning, It was stating that I was back at the very beginning of the game in Peaches castle at the very first save point and nothing else had been retained. Any ideas what might be causing this? It doesn't come up with any error while saving it, and as I mentioned, it loads fine when I test it, but every now and then it just loses all memory of the save file prior to the start of the game.

I had a similar issue to this with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals - Echoes of Time as well, and was unable to resolve it, so if anyone has any idea what is causing it or how to fix it, that would be great.

4. granville

granville Well-Known Member

@Sythian-

When using DS games with the Supercard option "Patch Saver" off, you must manually go into the Supercard menu every time you wish to back up your latest save. Just enter it, and wait for it to back it up to the microSD. The reason is that, when you disable that option (which needs to be disabled for this game to work), you are telling the supercard to save the game to its own internal battery, instead of saving directly to the microSD.

I'm not quite sure you did or didn't do this though. If you know to do this, I'm kind of stumped. I do know that doing the self test on bootup to check for Supercard errors can erase the internal battery files, but had you backed the latest save up, this shouldn't matter.

5. Sythian

I'll give it a test. The thing that had me stumped is the fact that I never once went into the SuperCard menu to back up the save to the MicroSD.

It's a kind of odd error, I'll attempt to do some levelling, back up the file and see what happens. Really has me stumped at the moment.

Any idea if there's a possible way to patch around the save errors so that I can have Patch Saver turned on while playing while still having the game running? That would indeed make things a lot easier but I guess the fact I can play the game in general sorta puts me in a position to not really complain too much :p

If anyone else has any other info feel free to let me know, I'm going to test this out now.

*EDIT* I just attempted loading the ROM with Patch Saver enabled, and it loaded fine, I loaded my save file and played through the tutorial battle and speeches stuff at the beginning and just saved at the next point. Powered off the DS and will power on a little later to test whether or not enabling the Patch Saver worked to retain my save files or not.

*EDIT 2* I have just started playing the game again, a good 30min or so after saving and having the DS powered off completely, I have played other games that save fine and saved in them, powered off and on again, reloaded Mario finally and may save file seems to have stuck this time around. It looks as if with the codes in the game and the firmware updated you can run the game with Patch Saver enabled, thus seemingly fixing my issue (for now)

6. harima1585

harima1585 Member

my final question: is anyone doing an r4ds patch for this game or are they just give up on this game?

7. Sythian

@harima1585 To be honest with you I don't think anyone is working on a specific R4 patch. I'm not 100% sure and I don't think anyone in here can be sure. If patches are made for most cards, surely one will wind up for the R4 eventually, it will just require someone to take the existing methods of working around it and tweak it to work on your card.

Best bet is to give it a few more days, or a week at most and see what has come up. I'm sure the Admins will add all updates on card fixes to the first page or so of this thread so as to prevent other people coming in and asking specifically about their card.

8. jayMASTERjay

jayMASTERjay Active Member

Hey guys. Can anyone tell me if they know of any progress for the DSTT? The furthest I got with the DSTT is to the file select screen, where the buttons dont work, yet the screen is active and whatnot. Anyone? :)

9. isaac212

isaac212 Member

Are there any fixes for the acekard 2i?

10. granville

granville Well-Known Member

There will likely be a way to run it on R4 or the other non-working cards eventually. As of now, not even a single flashcard manufacturer has come out with a working firmware for the game. It won't run natively on any flashcard. You have to patch it or use the code. There's plenty of time for the flashcard makers to release their own firmwares with a working fix.

As for an unauthorized patch- I don't think one is being made and I also don't think one was ever being made in fact. There were some people in this thread who claimed to be using a hex editor to fix the game, but they never showed any proof they were doing so, they didn't sound like they knew what they were talking about (not one line of code was discussed), and they all either disappeared or claimed to have given up. I think they were actually lying to troll people.

@jayMASTERjay-

There is NO way currently to play on DSTT, or R4, or M3, or any of those other minor cards. It has only been reported to work on Acekard 2, Cyclo, Supercard DS-One, and EZ-Flash V. And even some of those still have issues.

11. xlaw888

xlaw888 Active Member

Do you read PAGE 1 ?

12. jayMASTERjay

@Granville

Oh thanx mate. Thanx for letting me know. I guess patience is the key. :)

13. snakeshark

snakeshark Member

I bet you he didn't even read the first page, I have and DSi with Acekard2i and playing with no problem.

14. Sythian

@isaac212 Sorry mate but gotta beat this one to death to get the message through, did you check the first page? There is a whole list of fixes for different cards that are compatible so far.

To anyone else, if you're card is not currently listed there, don't ask if there is a fix because clearly there isn't just yet, as jayMASTERjay said... Patience is the key. :)

15. isaac212

isaac212 Member

i have read most of this thing and i patched the game but it didnt work so i was just wondering if there was another fix

16. Sythian

If it's not mentioned here, then we clearly don't know about it. Realistically if you followed the step by step instructions exactly for your card it SHOULD have worked (no guarantees, took me ages on mine)

Just gotta wait it out and see what happens, if we don't get a patch done on here, then I'm sure some of the card manufacturers will update their firmware with compatibility for this and future games soon enough. Hope one comes out soon for everyone else.

17. jayMASTERjay

Yes Sythian, exactly. The best things in life take time! What card are you using mate? :)

18. snakeshark

snakeshark Member

Ok in the first page there's a link to the files for Acekard2i, use those and delete the ones you have in your card (Remember to back up first in case something goes wrong), use the AKAIO files and the ace2loader files provided in the link, I had the same problem until I deleted the Oficial File System and replace it with the AKAIO and ace2loader and as for the patched game you know where it goes. (Remember to backup first and use the patched game no the original file)

19. isaac212

isaac212 Member

oh ok thanks for the help i will try that

20. Sythian

I'm using the SuperCard DSONE. It's had its fair share of issues patching games, such as FFCC:EoT Which I REALLY wanted to play, now that i've managed to fix a similar issue on my Mario game though I'm gonna take a look at the FFCC rom and see what I can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.