1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Re: Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside story USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by xlaw888, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zack B. Smart

Zack B. Smart Member

Thanx, Leo99999 and whoever else is working on a patch.

2. Leo99999

Leo99999 Active Member

It's the normal save file patch. The Cheat file patches "Game Bypass" etc.

BTW just so im not stealing credit, im not making this, just watching the site, ready to post a link when it appears

3. granville

granville Well-Known Member

You can fix the game completely on Supercard DS-One if you have a fast enough microSD. Paste the cheat code into a text file. Use a program called DSATM to inject the code directly into the rom. This will also trim the rom. Set ALL Supercard options for that game to OFF. Meaning all patches and options should be off.

With some luck, you will be able to play. You have to reenter the Supercard firmware to back the save up to the microSD though, but it works. If your microSD is too slow (is a lower class), you will likely get a white screen on booting the rom. Nothing you can do about it currently.

As for the R4 fix supposedly being made, Leo99999, if you are referring to the cheat coders at GBAtemp's cheat forum, I've spoken with one of the head guys in charge there named elixirdream. According to him, they are not working on a fix. Sorry to burst your bubble. If you'd like to post a link proving me wrong though...

4. argorn5757

argorn5757 Member

how do you put an ar code on an acekard 2i?

5. Leo99999

Leo99999 Active Member

Dammit! From the info posted by him, I thought he was. Are any of the other coders going to work on one?

6. argorn5757

argorn5757 Member

so is there any way to get this running on an ackeard 2i??????

7. Leo99999

Leo99999 Active Member

This is what I believe to be a decently accurate hardware compatibility analysis for this game right now

R4: Unable to select save file
    Supercard DS One: Works if you have a fast MicroSD and this fix (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=179032)
    CycloDS: Same as R4
    M3: Same as R4
    DSTT: Freezes on startup
    Ez Flash VI: Working with this patch (http://ilix.in/0e29f)
    Edge: Not working
    ITouch DS: Not working

8. granville

No other cheat coders are trying to fix it apparently. And I have no idea where you heard that anyways. Normmatt is the one who made the original fix, and he has no intention of trying to fix it for other cards apparently. He's developed a dislike for older cards, and generally only supports AK2. Any card that also happens to work with his fixes is lucky.

There are no plans to fix the game on other cards by anyone on the Cheat Code Crew from gbatemp apparently Elixirdream doesn't make piracy bypasses, but he does know who does, he's one of the heads of the group. I'd not expect anything from them. It's basically up to other freelance hackers. And I don't believe anyone here who claims to be working on a bypass actually is doing so.

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Correction.

I know CycloDS and Edge(a clone of the Cyclo) both work with the game. It just freezes if you save, so you have to reset to start again once saved. (still saves though).

10. Krystedez

Krystedez New Member

I haven't had any luck with the patch on my R4. It freezes everytime after trying to select a save file to start on.

I am having a lot of difficulty, with the codeset you linked to and the codeset I tried making with the steps you gave.

I simply can not activate ANY cheat codes at all from the menu on the R4. I've tried everything. Is there something I'm missing? I'm modifying the codeset CHEAT.BAT on the _system folder of the R4's mini SD. This is version 1.18 on the R4 software.

11. Leo99999

Leo99999 Active Member

Okay then, back to Square 1

Just a quick question then. Where did all the other anti-piracy bypasses come from then?

12. TirithRR

The Edge and CycloDS both appear to work with the posted AR Code

52064138 E1A00005
    5206413C E28DDE22
    02064138 E3A00001
    D0000000 00000000
    D0000000 00000000

I have read the thread on the Team Cyclops website (team behind the CycloDS) and the users in this thread have discussed the Edge results.

13. granville

XPA released the first one here-

52064138 E1A00005
    5206413C E28DDE22
    02064138 E3A00001
    D0000000 00000000
    D0000000 00000000

It was actually made by Normmatt. He's usually the one who ends up fixing DS games. I don't know of any other fix codes for Mario.

14. isaac212

isaac212 Member

Where can i get AR codes for the DSi and how do i put them on it for the acekard 2i and i have the 1.4 update to overcome the nintendo update if that help :S

15. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

ok, i've read through most of the posts and i have to say its not working for my edge. People said that it has worked for them, well not me. Could you tell me what you did to make it work? I have tried patched with codes, pathced without codes, unpatched with codes, and unpatched without codes and none of which are working for me. Can anyone help me? I really want to play the game.

16. TirithRR

II. EDGE => Working with Action Replay Codes using r4cce (R4 Cheat Code Editor) ver.0.86
    1. Open CHEAT.DAT from EDGE Card
    2. Add Game
    3. Game Title -Anything u want-
    4. Game ID CLJE AE1362E1
    5. Game Enable Check
    6. Add Code => Code Title -Anything u want-
    7. Code List :
    52064138 E1A00005
    5206413C E28DDE22
    02064138 E3A00001
    D0000000 00000000
    D0000000 00000000
    8. File => SAVE CHEAT
    9. Delete Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story (U)(Xenophobia).sav if exist
    10. Play with Original ROM and Enable Cheat
    or you can use this file Download CHEAT_09_01_09 with Mario and Luigi : Bowsers Inside Story PATCH for EDGE

That's all there is.
    Make sure to do step 9, and make sure your firmware is updated to the latest
    www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds

Edit:
    For future reference, if you are looking at a topic, and use the Search bar on the top of the webpage, it will search inside the thread, allowing you to search for key words like "Edge"

17. Chichimoge

Chichimoge Active Member

Is there another way to get the game working on an edge cart without the AR code? It worked the first time I played. Now when I use the code... it doesn't work. I can't do anything on the file selection screen. My info is in the first save slot, I just can't select it.

18. AliasRomanian

AliasRomanian New Member

Yup I'm having problems with my CycloDS version. I tried both patched an unpatched. Then I tried firmware 1.4 and 1.55 and still no go. Using the AR code and I have it enabled just can't select a file to begin with.

19. Leo99999

Leo99999 Active Member

Tried Xenophobia patch. On the R4 it allows you to choose a save file, but then goes to a black screen. So if someone could take the code from that patch and add more to fix the other issues, the game might work

20. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

This is Luga here.
    I just wanted to let you know, I just tried the patch, and it works on my Acekard 2i.
    If you are having problems on your flashkit then it is either;

You are stupid and did not follow instructions correctly
    You failed to see that the flashkit software you are using is up-to-date
    You failed to use proper settings
    #Your MicroSD is not fragmented, REFORMAT EVERY MONTH with PANASONIC SD FORMATER!

OR

Your flashkit is *Currently* not supported, please be paitent if this (unfourtinetly) is your problem.

I just chose a save file and I was in TOAD TOWN, I turned off the game right away because I am still playing Pokemon Soul Silver, and I do not want to ruin the game experience.
    Oh! About that; check out my post on the HG/SS Topic for a fix!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.