1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Rate and review it yourself.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AceKilla, Aug 8, 2009.

1. AceKilla

AceKilla Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Okay next review & rating...

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

In the Original 80's Cartoons G.I. Joe was indeed an elite military force that was based in the U.S., but even then had a few characters that were from some other countries as well (mostly from Europe & the old Soviet States & Asia). The tag "A real American Hero" was only used on the show as it was pretty obvious that it was produced for an American children audience & in a way was Patriotic Propaganda. That was why to us (children of the 80's) characters like Baroness & Destro were bigger threats than Cobra Commander was because those two were kinda Soviet-esque & you have to also understand G.I. Joe was airing right after the Cold War ended so the show "used" that premice in the show.

There was a 90's G. I. Joe remake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_QliszDyZ8

but this time the Joes were up against S. C. A. R. a Global threat (notice the reference to a "former" world power which was ofcourse a reference to the break up of the old Soviet states) . This series sucks ass though.

As for this live action movie?

The story is pretty good, but I hated the battle tech armour, the G. I. Joes are battling people, not bug aliens like in Starship Troopers sheesh! :p

Same complaint from me with Transformers CGI Movies, the story was reworked & the robots were altered, I want my old school Yellow VW Beetle Bumblebee & kick ass hand gun Megatron! :p

3. Truntemus

Truntemus Member

I think G.I.Joe is 4½*. I loved the fact that there was something going on all the time. The story was nice and easy to unserstand and the casting was great. My fiance also liked it tons.

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Dammit,
    Haven't watch it.. :p

5. AceKilla

AceKilla Well-Known Member

Maybe they got confuse between bumblebee from US version or Japan version ;D

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Permission to agree?

I have yet to see it-but I don't have much hopes for it.

If anything it might get a lower score than transformers-I'm a die hard fan and they only get a 7/10 from me!

...I only dred the day when they do what they did with the comics...

Gi joe+transformers=biggest cash in since AVP (which should be more scary and isolating, less action gore and hot chicks running around...and yes that only happened in 2 and it put me off since it detracts from valuble story time)

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

District 9 gets a 9/10 from me. I didn't think it'd turn action-ey, but the movie flowed nicely into the action scenes, it's an action movie with tons of heart and you can tell they put a lot of work into the movie. Also the main character, this is his first major role and he did an amazing job.

Is AvP a video game movie or just a movie? Because they had the first AvP game in the day of the arcades and had two other games for the PC.

8. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

What is DIstrict9 about? It's about aliens, and the war between humans and aliens right?

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It's about Aliens (they're referred to as Prawns in the movie) landing in South America because they ran out of fuel in their ship and the government isolates all these aliens in a district called District 9. The main character (Wikus van de Merwe) works for a company that deals with social relations with the aliens, he gets promoted and becomes a field agent to tells all the aliens that they'll be all evicted from District 9 into a new compound. Wikus finds an alien weapon thing and the Alien DNA mixes with his human DNA and etc etc.