1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Radiant Historia (U) | Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by meganova, Feb 21, 2011.

1. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Re: Radiant Historia (U) | February 22, 2011

The topic was created yesterday. It could have easily been about various game review sites reviews of the game, anticipation of the game, and what images/data from the game did exist from previews, rather than a begging of when the game would come out, and who would/would not upload mirrors, etc.

These few posts will stay, as a warning to others. But I'd prefer the topic to go back to discussion of the game itself and not where to download it or how to play it on your emulator/device.

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The game is supposedly really good. I can't wait to try it out, though there is still disappointment present even in the best of works.

I'll see later though. Some One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Genetics work awaits first.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of stopping by Gamestop after work and maybe picking it up. There are a few things I wanted to look at anyway. Someone mentioned Chrono Trigger/Cross, and that got me hopeful. Though the last time a game came out that reminded me of Chrono Trigger... I ended up with Black Sigil Blade of the Exiled (bleh!)

It would be a good mind relaxer after having to deal with this German machinery my company keeps buying and making me try to understand/fix.

4. LuckyTrouble77

Someone mentioned that this isn't as much like Chrono Trigger as people were trying to make it seem. I just recently learned there was even time travel in this game.

5. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

doesnt chrono trigger have time travel though? at least that is what i remember

6. LuckyTrouble77

One of the main plot points of Chrono Trigger is the time travel aspect.

7. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Yep, it does.

8. Arron_zero

Arron_zero Well-Known Member

What's the battle system like for this game?

9. illumina

illumina New Member

It's unique I would say in a way. It's turn based though but the enemies are on a grid and you can get combo's with bonus xp/damage depending on how you attack and change the turn order.

10. Singularity_UK

Singularity_UK Well-Known Member

I'm liking the game although I'm not quite sure about the combat system yet. It's a bit... well, unconventional. Maybe I'll get used to it.

11. Reider

Reider Modereider

I like it so far myself. I've already got a good handle on the battle system and I really like how I have a sort of rewind button in case events go down in a way I don't like.

Money is the only issue I've had so far.

12. Reme

Reme Well-Known Member

Eh I kinda like the story so far (altho i despise the idea that you have to play through both lines...completly destroys any replayability and makes you have to remember 2 different stories)
    the battles are a bit....anoying to say the least if making combo's rewarded you with mana after each battle then it would be worth it but since later on u almost have to use some skill that takes MP in order to win a fight it really takes away the grinding aspect as well (by later on i mean like level 18 ish not level 30ish but i expect level 30's to be twice as bad on mp)

but the music! most times i have to have music going (from my end) to get into a game even if the music is really low but this one has very nice music in it. (altho the footsteps and that little noise it makes when pressing A or holding down X during a conversation are both extreamly anoying) such nice music <3

13. OGTiago

OGTiago Active Member

I love you guys, even though no more direct links, you are still my source for roms.

Thanks very much, and pre-patched goodness once again :D

14. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

I don't think the game system destroyed the replayability.

Actually I am glad that I don't need to start the game over and over to check what did I missed by selection one options instead of another.

@Battle System
    Turnbased, mobs on map ( you touch the mob and battle start). You can knock then down to run away or just to get a preemptive strike.

In battle you can have 3 characters, the round system works FFX or Megaman Command Mission. You have on the left side a big list that are the order where your characters and enemy will attack.

Then you have the common options, attack, spell, itens, escape and etc. The "new option" is that you have the option "change" where you can change orders between characters rounds and even enemy rounds.

So if you have a situation like that

-Knight
    -Enemy
    -Mage
    -Healer

With the change option, you can change the Knight and Enemy position, so you can attack with all characters together. Or you can Change the knight with the healer so you can heal yourself before the enemy attacks.

Second difference of battle system is that the enemys are on a 3x3 grid. Enemys in the front deal and receive more damage, in the back they deal and receive less damage. Right at the start of the game you get skills that push an enemy to the back room, or push then to the front, or even send then to the sides. This way you can "combo" by allocating enemys in the same space of the grid, this way you can deal damage to multiple enemys at the same time with only one attack.
    So yes, you can use your physical characters to concentrate everyone in the same spot of the grid and cast a spell to send all of then to oblivion together. Its kind funny sometimes.

15. Reme

Reme Well-Known Member

yeah the battles are a bit more fun now that i realized i was vastly underleveled for where i currently was

16. Ravte

Ravte Well-Known Member

Huh, I'm getting 100-150 gold or w/e the currency was per fight, armors cost 700-900 ea so that'll be 6-9 fights for an armor and seeing as how cheap heal is..... Well anyway I've only played for an hour or so, annoying that everything worthy in a combat costs mana. I'm lucky to get full mp before I run out by leveling up lol, but I wonder what it will be like later in the game.....seeing the rather high price on potions/herbs at shops :/

17. LuckyTrouble77

I'm about 7 or 8 hours in and I can tell I've barely scratched the surface. Quite the game I'm discovering as I progress. Flipping between story lines, being able to go back, speed through text, etc., is all very fun. The battle system is fairly simple. I'm not quite sure why people were having problems. Need to take less damage, push the enemies back? Want to deal more and have the defense to take a few hits? Pull the enemies up front. Wanna unleash a huge combo when there is only one enemy left? Keep changing the order until it is 9 or 10 for your characters all in order and unleash a devastating combo.

Money is also not much of an issue. I can find the 5k to spend on a Mana Crystal or two fairly easily with plenty to spend on the side.

18. gadifer

gadifer Well-Known Member

money is never a problem. You can always buy the latest equips upon finding a new merchant.

Just reached chapter 3, I've played the game for 25 hours + straight without rest.

Just having trouble looking for "downtown."

19. Ravte

Ravte Well-Known Member

Yeah, 2 more hours into the game and I can see your point.

20. gadifer

gadifer Well-Known Member

Finished the game at 45 hours.

Only trouble is finding scripts and pacts TT^TT

I've only completed Eruca's.

White pages numbered at 219.