1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4DS Tutorial

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by zerozangel, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

probably, it sounds like the server isnt configured properly.

2. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

Don't quote me on this, but I think it works fine like with a normal cartridge.

3. cfiniris

cfiniris Well-Known Member

Hmm...I've got another one (yes, already): is it possible to add more AR codes to what the R4 already comes with, and if so, how?

4. cjfc.vp

cjfc.vp Well-Known Member

if people are getting the forbidden message thingy when trying to go the r4ds website you need to type in www.r4ds.com and click on the English link.

5. cjfc.vp

cjfc.vp Well-Known Member

im not sure about buying this r4ds cause i need a bit more info on it. When you add a backup DS game onto the DS cartridge, does it come up with like a menu of the games you've put onto the card or is it somehow different.

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Yes, the R4 comes with firmware that presents a custom menu on boot up, from there you have a list of games you can select.

7. mc_vampz

mc_vampz Active Member

there is a new R4 v1.11 kernel just been released

http://www.r4ds.com/index-en.htm

8. xHaiTeKx

xHaiTeKx Well-Known Member

Pictures would have helped with this tutorial because I actually didn't understand somethings. Then again maybe I should wait until I have the stuff eh? I'll probably add pics to that tutorial when I get my things.

-TeK

9. cfiniris

...There's a video on YouTube that kind of shows how to set it up. Not quite "in progress," though...more like what you'd see in a cooking show (shows and explains the steps, but the MicroSD card is already set up). Would that help?

10. xHaiTeKx

xHaiTeKx Well-Known Member

Er, would it help you if you had no idea what the whole subject is about? Because if it does...bring it on.

-TeK

11. cfiniris

Oh... :-[ Heh, sorry about that......what exactly was it that you wanted pictures for, though? It might actually be able to help with that part...

Here. Take a look anyway--it might help after all. The person also has a review for it.

12. Phreak Hacker

Phreak Hacker Well-Known Member

Yes - a menu does appear with the games that you've loaded onto the flashcart.

Check out some of the tutorial videos they've put up on YouTube.

13. cfiniris

Answered it myself when I got it...ran into another problem at the same time, though:

I finally got my R4 today after two weeks of fighting over it, downloaded the V1.11 kernel from the website, and was playing around with some games. Then, I got a bit bored of some of them (because I've played them in their "real" form over and over again), so I decided to try out the AR cheat function. However, when I got to the screen that lists the cheats, I can't select any of them. I thought that there was some problem with the Cheat Code editor, but when I tried the official database, I ran into the same problem. Can anybody help me on this?

...Nevermind. It was just a case of me being stupid :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[...

14. destiny

destiny Member

i extracted the new kernal into the r4 but it still doesn't play.

15. Seph

This is not a game specific thread, start a a thread in technical help.

16. doei

doei Guest

so.. you can use you downloaded files from romUlation put into the r4?

17. Seph

Yes of course.

18. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

i am not understanding this. so the r4ds occupies the nds game slot, and you can't put the games in the r4ds. where do you put the nds games? sorry i'm new to this i usually only use pc emulators.

19. Seph

You can put NDS ROMs on your R4DS cart and play them on your NDS yes, an R4 is a slot 1 card meaning it goes in the slot for NDS carts. This is also why it cannot run GBA ROMs. Only flash carts that go in slot 2 (GBA cart slot) can play GBA ROMs.

20. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

then what do you need the microSD card for? and how much memory has got the r4ds?