1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 VS M3... What do you guys think for DS??

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by mokrja, Jan 26, 2008.

?

R4 DS vs M3 DS? You decide!!

1. R4 DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. M3 DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I own some other flash cart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Don't play DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Would rather wax my big toes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mathab

Mathab New Member

CycloDS Evolution is the best flashcart in the market its the only thing i have to say :p

2. mrabbo

mrabbo Active Member

i meant r2 d2

3. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

the m3 is a hacked version or a copy of he r4. cyclo ds is a fake version of the supercard ds one. :eek:

i don't own any, but i'm gonna buy a supercard ds one. and i don't want you guys thinking i'm a fanboy or such, cause i'm not. i justposted what i heard. it says here about the cyclo ds and the supercard. about the m3 being a copy of the r4, someone of the forums told me, can't remember who.

4. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

I got it for 35 dollars or something in Can from dealextreme

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yeah I got mine from dealextreme.com. Really good price.

6. mrabbo

mrabbo Active Member

The M3 Real is what i meant, sometimes I type in mispelt things when im bent.

7. wiirdos

wiirdos Member

M3/R4, both r the same, I go with that

8. DragonQuester

Well I have an R4 so I gotta go with it, however I think the R4 is easy-to-use so thats why I use it ;D

9. mrabbo

mrabbo Active Member

m3 real deal is easy ive tried most roms from here and all work fine. Wifi games are fun as Mario Kart is hard but fun, I havent had any trobles so far and ive thrahed it out.

Its turned my flatmate into a nds junkie she never liked to play video games before.

10. retch

retch Guest

I have an R4, it fits my purposes, but I do admit that there are better ones out there, namely with SDHC support.

I kinda like how the TTDS looks right now, it's unbelievably cheap and just as effective.

11. anandjones

It's DSTT and it would be better if R4 had SDHC support. My mate has a DSTT, it's menu sucks and it doesn't have as much compatibility with commercial games. Better than r4 though with certain homebrew.

12. mrabbo

mrabbo Active Member

I meant against other players on line.

It's also sdhc aswell.

The m3 Real is actually a slot 1 device, it uses the gba expansion or rumble card feature as a slot 2 device. It plugs straight into the nds slot and the micro card is actually spring loaded, teh first day i actually just pulled it out every time until i realized., luckily it didn't effect it and nothing went wrong with it.

I'm currently using only a 1 gig micro sd card, which is holding at the moment 20 games. When I'm done playing a game i simply delete the file and store the save file into a folder on my hard drive for use when i want to replay the game again. Each save file is half a megabyte.

Loading times are fast enough not to warrant any concern and each time you start a newly installed game on the card it creates a save game automatically so everything is easy. I havent needed to patch any roms or anything they all work fine. Its made easy for a child to use I can vouch for that because my eight year old nephew can use it easily with no help at all.

13. anandjones

That's just like R4 lol... The saves are also half a mb and they create a game save automatically too... And you don't need to really patch any commercial rom in r4 or any other Slot device...

14. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

An R4 user over here. :D Got it from Hong Kong and was having a grand time, plus having no problems with the DS games I put in.

Odd, mine plays Phantom Hourglass perfectly, unless you fill your R4 to the brim with no more room...

15. DragonQuester

Roms work perffectly, just that my R4 regularly freezes, or when I turn on the DS, it says no game card inserted as if there were no R4 in it. I have to take it out, and blow into the game card and put it back in to work everytime

16. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I have both and they are practically the same, however the R4 looks better IMO.