1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 Ultra can now use Akaio 1.8.1 firmware

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by OldandGrey, Dec 2, 2010.

1. supernova-777

supernova-777 Active Member

can anyone get golden sun dark dawn to work?
    I'm using an 8g sd card and i get black screens after the akaio loading screen
    Post Merge: [time]1291799254[/time]
    I fixed it the problem is i was using an 8g from transcend(which is slow), but on my 4g sandisk sd it works fine

2. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

Good to know that .

3. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

1.18/1.8.1,
    hmm whats frong with these numbers XP they are evil!

4. jennyp712

jennyp712 New Member

Hello, need your help. I loaded the Akaio 1.8.1 firmware into my new R4 ultra (i did not install the R4 firmware). But i cant find the system options menu. When i turn on the DS, it will ask me whether i want to load Micro SD or slot 2, so I choose Micro sd, and then I am given only a list of the games I loaded plus MENU_.nds, loaderchangelog.txt and readmeakaio.txt. i extracted everything from the akaio rar file into the micro sd. the other games work fine, but still cant play golden sun ds coz i cant get to disable the AP.

I am more familiar with EDGE and this is my first time to use R4 (switched to it coz i wanted to play golden sun).
    Please help.
    Post Merge: [time]1292472802[/time]
    i also tried loading the 1.56 kernel for r4 ultra with the akaio. i still cant find where to disable the AP. I am using a 2gb micro sd

5. OldandGrey

OldandGrey Member

Switch on your DS, then when it has booted up press 'Start' to access the 'AKMenu'. Now select 'System Options' using the d-pad. Press 'A' to select it and then use the R/H shoulder button to change to 'Default Patch Options'. Now select 'Bypass Antipiracy' and change to 'enabled'. This will now mean that you are ready to go.

6. loveangel_vdn9x

loveangel_vdn9x New Member

i tried but i can't play
    Post Merge: [time]1295173081[/time]
    help me please!!!!!!!!!!

7. OldandGrey

OldandGrey Member

Format your SD card and then go here to download 1.8.1 http://www.r4ultra.com/download/AKAIO_1.8.1.R4U.rar, now install on SD card and give it a try.