1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 SDHC - V1.34 - R4_Pandora.nds?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by richard734, Mar 31, 2010.

1. BSNAllstar

BSNAllstar Well-Known Member

I tried playing the American Soul Silver with Pandora before the Rudolph patch was available because I thought it was something like that too. It didn't work though.

If anybody knows how Pandora can benefit then please help.

2. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Do you even read THREADS?

3. richard734

richard734 Member

Just to confirm, tried sonic classic via Pandora and it did not work - worth a try though :)
    And thanks to YoshiFlip for being patient with me :)

4. yoshi2889

Your welcome, I like helping users :)

5. 410mikael

410mikael Member

whit the pandora i can play picross 3d

6. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

For future reference, DLDI patching allows homebrews to work on multiple flashcarts. In the old days, specific builds had to be made for each one, but nowadays we just need one version of a particular homebrew.

All modern flashcarts now include automatic DLDI patching, so it's not something most people concern themselves with.

7. BSNAllstar

BSNAllstar Well-Known Member

I was referring to what GAMES does it actually fix. I did read the thread, smartass.

Anyways, from my experience I can say that Bowser's Inside Story works great on it while running it unpatched.

8. eaithegrimreaper

eaithegrimreaper Well-Known Member

Huh? Man, I have no idea how this game works for you and NOT me. What are you doing to make it work?

9. SlayaDud

SlayaDud Well-Known Member

Hey so I can't even try the Pandora thing because it says, "can't load font, can't load ini, No Flash in Sl..." I cant tell what it says after Sl as its being messed up by other text. So how can I get Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story working? I used ysmenu before and it worked but ysmenu wont work anymore because it keeps saying r4patch.dat no boot even though I have a r4patch.dat so I need another means of playing Mario!

*Edit also I was curious what the best ds card out there is. I saw on the r4sdhc website they have a new R4i v2.10T is that any good?

10. yoshi2889

Try redownloading it and formatting your card.

For the edit: I do think so...

11. SlayaDud

Ok cool that worked! Too bad it doesnt work for Sonic also! It keeps saying, "Rom loading failed, load rom errcode=-4" Also I don't even know where I could buy a R4i v2.10t If I wanted one.

*Edit lol I have another extra question, im always having trouble with my card and it recognizing the games. I have a games folder and in that folder I organize it in subfolders like AB, CD, etc. Sometimes I can access all the folders just fine but some games are unknown, and sometimes I cant access a folder at all because it freezes. This is after I even reformatted it! Is it because I have 64 games? Im using a 8gig Sandisk microsdhc

12. yoshi2889

I think you can get the card soon.

The loading code =-4 means that the loader is too slow and thus can't load the game.

That is with the card.
    I'm having that also.
    When trying to access the music's subfolder (with AAC files), it gives me NDS files like Dinner Dash (that is deleted).
    And the other music's subfolder freezes the DS.

My other card (R4i SDHC Upgrade) doesn't have that.

Nothing to do.
    Post Merge: [time]1271944395[/time]
    Maybe patch it and run it with Pandora?

13. SlayaDud

Thanks for the info YoshiFlip! Do you mean that the R4i doesnt have these problems?

14. yoshi2889

Your card does, but other cards (maybe the original R4 even does) do not have these problems.

I'm informing the R4 SDHC team of that.

15. SlayaDud

Cool thanks again YoshiFlip! Hopefully they can fix it!

16. SlayaDud

So have they responded yet?

17. yoshi2889

Not that I know.

Gonna check now.

18. SlayaDud

You know what I just realized? The 1.34 update has two cheat dats one called cheat.dat and usrcheat.dat. The thing is though it makes my cheats all Chinese or Japanese letters. I tried just having one or the other but it does the same thing. I just think its weird that its doing this since I downloaded the English update.

19. yoshi2889

One is for Pandora, and the other for the firmware.

20. richard734

richard734 Member

But, how do you get the cheats in EnglishMr Yoshi, source of all knowledge? :)