1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 keeps causing SD card to require formatting

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by bashscrazy, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Im talking about your R4 card , not your microsd chip

If your R4 card dose not have a SDHC simble on it, And you are using normal microSD upto 2gb , then you have an original R4 card!

original

[​IMG]

Clone - sdhc

[​IMG]

If you use kernal v1.18 that the original can uses , Then i sugest upgrated to either woodr4 v1.12 are YSMenu

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you wont be able to do it again, the microsd card will be completely dead and you will have to replace it.

3. bashscrazy

bashscrazy Member

Oh, well that won't be for another year I guess considering it ran for about a year last time.
    And mine doesn't have the SDHC symbol but when I peeled the sticker it had a small chip like thing on it and mine is spring loaded.

4. Jhon 591

Then it's a clone of some type, R4 originals do not have a chip on the front

5. bashscrazy

bashscrazy Member

Yeah, I read about that so I thought the reason it didn't work at the beginning was that it was fake but turns out it was the SD card the whole time. But thanks for all your help ;)

6. Jhon 591

Your welcome!

7. bashscrazy

bashscrazy Member

It got ruined again so I went out today and bought a new micro SD card.
    Hopefully I don't get problems for a looooong time! ;D

8. Jhon 591

Be sure it's not any pacific game that might have bean patched with arm7 , That could be causing the problem into corruption

9. bashscrazy

bashscrazy Member

Never heard of that and don't know what it is :-\

EDIT: and damn! This new SD card is slow as hell but it's like the same thing. The start up of the DS takes a little longer and the games load so slowly D: - But I'll be happy as long as it works! ;)