1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 help, PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Amelia Leeming, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amelia Leeming

Amelia Leeming Well-Known Member

Ok but it's a file folder do I need to extract it still? And do I need to extract the actual English firmware folder which is also a file folder + do I need to extract the other folders like the system and moonshell even though they are all file folders

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I think file folders are ok...

Thoguht we were talking about the game :(

If you just extract the .nds file you should be ok...once you got the firmware going...

3. Amelia Leeming

Ok. I've downloaded drawn to life but I haven't put it in my games folder yet there are three folders that it downloaded, the top one which doesn't have a name but I opened it up and it had loads of stuff in it and that is just a folder then the second one which is a nds file and it's name is 1398-Drawn to life the n the third file which is called xpa-dtlu.nfo and that is a MSInfo Configuration file which ones I keep and which ones do I put where and which ones do I extract?

4. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

You just need the .nds file.

5. Amelia Leeming

Ok but do I need to extract the nds file?

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

If you're are still confused.
    Just extract all to be safe.. :)

7. Amelia Leeming

PLEASE help me!!!

Hi everone it's Amelia again. I'll tell you my situation then hopefully you will be able to sort it out as I am getting fed up with all this R4 stuff! Firstly I downloaded the latest English firmware and put it in the root of my card then I opened it up and made a file in it called games. I then downloaded drawn to life and pressed open and it came up with three different files I tried to extract the nds file like some people told me to do but it kept on coming up saying there was an error. Please someone help
    me I am about to give up with this!
    P.S:The reasen why I made another topic was because someone was making amother topic inside mine and everyone was just reply to that persons not mine so please DO NOT PUT OTHER TOPICS INSIDE MINE, thank you.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Re: PLEASE help me!!!

what does the error say?

9. Amelia Leeming

HELO PLEASE CAN SOMEONE REPLY TO MY POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Post Merge: [time]1250521906[/time]
    Sorry I didn't see your post Loonylion, I will tell you let me just download the game again and see.

10. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Have you tried re-downloading the file, because I think you have a corrupt file.
    -What are you using to extract the file?

11. Amelia Leeming

WinRAR
    Post Merge: [time]1250526105[/time]
    But before I start downloading games when I turn my ninten do on it says could not find DS_MENU_DAT. and some people told me to see if I had DS_MENU_DAT. in my English firmware file but I just have the Video CD Movie called DS_MENU_DAT. what shall I do?
    Post Merge: [time]1250523198[/time]
    EVERYBODY GREAT NEWS, MY R4'S WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I did was take the 4 files out of my English firmware file and put them in the root of my card and now its working all I need to do now is download some GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

12. hamjambo

hamjambo Active Member

Sorry about the misunderstanding. I figured here was an ok place to ask the question. Didn't think it would be so big. My B

13. Amelia Leeming

That's Ok, not such great news any more! Please read my Great news pos, tthanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.